Prologue

Chase ran through the streets, trying to escape his follower, he winced as his paw cut a sharp rock and opened a huge gap. He went into the next alleyway and hid behind a trash can. He started feeling dizzy from blood loss, and fainted.

He woke an hour later, and knew immediately he wasn't in the alley way. His paw had been bandaged and he was lying on something. A boy came in, and looked at him. "Are you feeling better?" The boy asked.

Chase knew, even from the two yard distance they were at, that this was the same person who'd taken him from the alleyway. Chase jumped up and growled.

"Who are you? Where am I?"
     "I'm Ryder,and your in my house, but everyone calls it the lookout."

"What do you want from me" Chase asked, glaring at Ryder. "I just wanted to help you, nothing else." If Chase didn't know any better, he would have thought Ryder was lying, but Chase's instincts told him Ryder was telling the truth. He felt a need to protect Ryder, he had felt the same way about his mother and siblings as they were dying.

Chase calmed down, and Ryder told him, "If  you don't have anywhere else to go, you can stay here."

"Forever" Chase asked, confused.

"Yeah, but I need to ask you something..."

(If anyone didn't catch, lt, Ryder asked Chase to join the paw patrol. Ella, tuck, tracker and rubble aren't part of paw patrol, but Everest is. Don't question me )