Prologue: How it came to be

There was a small village hiding for protection as the people were driven away from their homes. Watching as their old house and village burnt to the ground due to the intense violence that has been going in Colombia lately. Including the Madrigal couples whom triplets were recently born, to give their children a better life. They sadly must leave the home they love and have many memories they cherish. As they were walking through the forest, once reaching the river, the men that destroy their home has recently caught up to them. People were screaming and running away from the danger. Mothers carrying their children, children were screaming and crying from fear, fathers, and husband trying to keep their family safe.

Soon, Pedro Madrigal decided to sacrifice himself to keep Alma and their triplets safe. Giving her what seems to be the last kiss they'll ever safe, Pedro kisses his three babies' forehead. Before heading up toward the bandits, knowing that this may be his last seconds on earth. Preparing for the worst to come, suddenly the candle began glowing with magical powers. This miracle soon blasted the bandits away from the innocent people. Which also saved the life of Pedro Madrigal whom he and his wife were in shock of.

Suddenly the miracle began creating large mountains blocking the path to keep everyone safe. The magic continues to appear itself creating multiple houses and one large magical house on a small hill. The candle that Alma and Pedro took with them has blessed their family with a miracle. The object is decorated with a butterfly designed to give it a glowing affected as the flame continues to burn the candle slowly. Ever since this incident, they lived their new life in the small village of Encanto. Where Pedro and Alma have become leaders of the villages making sure everything goes as planned. Along with raising triplets that have magical powers which is an adventure in itself.

Everything seems to be going just fine for the Madrigals until the night of Mirabel's gift ceremony. Which would change the dynamic of their family forever. Not knowing if it would be for the better or for the worst.