Chapter 1: After The Ceremony

Tonight was the night when Mirabel is to receive her gift at the young age of 5 years old. Not too long since her 5th ceremony, her grandparents have immediately planned her gift ceremony. They were very excited especially Pedro as Mirabel is his precious mariposa. Both of them spend a lot of time together even painting together. It just makes him happy to see his beloved granddaughter getting excited about her gift ceremony. Something that she can be proud of and would help out her family and Encanto. It was supposed to be a magical night for the Madrigal family. That is until the door that meant to give my niece her gift...disappear. Yes, her door just suddenly began disappearing in front of everyone's eyes.

Her parents and grandparents were heartbroken when seeing the little girl run toward the nursery. Slamming the door shut knowing that little girl is in pain of not receiving a gift when her sisters and cousin did. Isabela and Lusia immediately went to their little sister in order to comfort her. While Alma and Pedro decided to cancel the ceremony for the rest of the night. They wanted to give Mirabel some space that she needed. It's pretty devastating considering she might be the only grandchild to not receive a gift of her own.

Hours later Casita became empty as all the villagers return to their respective homes. While the Madrigals did their best to comfort the little girl. Bruno gave his niece a stuffed rat despite not being good at sewing. Nevertheless, Mirabel is grateful that her Tio Bruno gave her a special present in order to cheer her up. Seeing the smile on his niece's face Bruno decided to create a silly telenovela of his own with the rest of Mirabel's stuffed animals. It brought much laughter from all his nieces and only nephew. Dolores and Camilo later visited Mirabel during their Tio performance. In the end, the children were slowly rubbing their eyes but fought it.

"Alright Ninos, time for bed," Bruno said putting the toys away

"Awww, do we have to?" Mirabel whined

"Yes, Bebe. Don't worry cause I'll continue tomorrow"

"Will you?"

The kids looked at Tio Bruno with hopefulness since he is the only Madrigal child that hasn't married nor had children. Yet it didn't bother him since he has his nieces and nephew that were like of his own. He enjoys spending his time each time whether it's together as a group or one on one time. The children adored Tio even though he can be shy and awkward but they love him since he is very thoughtful and kindred. Even though some of the villagers only see Bruno as an evil fortune teller that would ruin their life. The kids saw who Bruno actually is, a caring man that would do anything for them.

All the kids lay down on the two separate beds before the fortune teller kisses their forehead. They said their goodnights to each other before Bruno blow out the candle. Heading upstairs toward his tower when he notice that his parents were there. As if they were waiting for him right there.

"Mama?Papa? What are you two doing here?" he asks

"Mijo, we need to know why Mirabel didn't receive her gift. We need you to see her future"

Bruno sighs heavily knowing that him seeing Mirabel might be their only chance to see her future. It might not show exactly why she hasn't received her gift but perhaps her future could be bright. Maybe there's a reason since there's a reason for everything.