alternate soulmate au idea (about Tenko)

A/n this is just gonna be a description of an idea I have (Description as in what you would see on the back of books). It's highly unlikely that I'll make any more content about this idea but I wanted to get it out there.

Includes hate of Tenko's master cuz I just can't see him as a good person

When two people know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they want to have each other in their life for the rest of it, they become "linked," meaning they can communicate telepathically.

But if one of them does begin to have doubts, serious doubts, their link will "break." Some people have never gone through this, and others have gone through it many times throughout their life. It just depends on the person.

Tenko Chabashira has had many partners throughout her life, and tends to get linked to people pretty easily. In turn, she's had those links broken many times. She's never really been able to get used to the sting of losing that connection. She's never been prepared for it. Who would be?

But the break that hurt the deepest, the break that only gave her a feeling of emptiness, wasn't even from a romantic relationship.

The most painful break she'd been through was with her Master. He had been like a second father to her; they'd been linked ever since she can remember.

But when she visits him with some of her friends, she began to realize how manipulative he really was.