I17I

(Light makeout scene warning) and yes, i know they're 15 in the 'flashbacks'

PRESENT TIME 

Camilo anxiously ran his fingers through his hair, laying back on his bed. 

"Dolores, I don't fucking understand! I don't remember any of this!" He closed his eyes, racking his memories for anything, anything to explain why he didn't recall knowing Avon before. No one had given him any sort of clues...and if all the facts added up, he should've been dead separated from her. "Why don't I remember anything?" 

Dolores sighed. "Just listen...." 

_

9 YEARS AFTER CAMILO'S GIFT CEREMONY

Fifteen year old Avon stood at her dresser, staring at herself in the mirror. She glanced at the pill supplements that Alma had made her...to subdue her powers. They'd been subduing her powers for the past 9 years...it was the one condition that Alma'd let her and Averly stay at Casa Madrigal. She quickly swallowed her pill ignoring the rotten feeling in her stomach. 

There was a knock at the door. 

"Cami—come in," Avon called. 

"How'd you know it was me?" Camilo grinned, jumping into the room. He was practically springing off his feet, his curls bouncing everywhere. Avon laughed, grabbing his hands and pulling him closer to her. The symbols glowed brightly, causing a warm feeling to spread up her arms. 

Camilo's sharp intake of breath caused her to think about how close they were standing. It was obvious that they liked each other, possibly the most 'duh' thing in the entire world. But...under someone's orders—who do you think?—they were absolutely not allowed to be in that kind of relationship. 

It was questionable how long that rule would last. 

"You walk like an elephant," Avon explained, pulling away and awkwardly looking to the other side of the room. The cold disappointment made her want to pull Camilo back again; to feel the closeness of her soulmate—but that wasn't good for either of them. "I always know it's you." 

Camilo smiled, trying to hide the rapid beating of his heart. 

"Oh," Avon said, changing the subject. "Mom went out with Bruno again..." she trailed off, looking embarrassed. "So that's a thing.." Avon wrinkled her nose. "It's a bit weird actually. To think of them as being together." 

"What's weirder is that we're not together," Camilo said, huffing. He kept his hands at his sides, though he fidgeted with his fingers to stop from reaching out to her. 

Avon tried not to smile. "Yeah...I mean, that's something we should change." 

Another knock sounded at the door. This time it was Dolores. She was standing there with a very annoyed expression on her face. 

"I heard all of that and it's time you two stopped this little 'flirting' game," Dolores rolled her eyes loudly—if that's even possible, leaning against the door frame. "Just fucking kiss already." 

"We aren't allowed," Camilo pointed out. "and I'm thinking you don't want to hear that." He wiggled his eyebrows. "Or where that might lead." 

Dolores groaned. "Shhh—Cami. You're right, I don't want to hear that." 

Avon laughed. "Yep. Neither do I, actually." Her heart fluttered. 

"I won't tell, if you don't," Dolores pressed her finger to her lips, nodding and stepping out of the doorway. 

"So?" Camilo grinned mischievously. "Secret relationship?" 

"That sounds a lot like rule breaking—mi vida," Avon said, using his favourite nickname for her. "I'm not sure if that's really a good idea," She smirked. "What if we get in trouble?" 

"Just shut up and kiss me already." 

He didn't have to say that again. 

Avon leaned in, pressing her lips to his. It was like fireworks exploded inside her. Their symbols glowed more brightly than ever. Camilo's breathing increased greatly, and he wrapped his arms around her back. 

The kiss became slightly more passionate, hands going everywhere... Avon gently bit Camilo's bottom lip, evoking a slight intake of breath. He pressed his hips closer to hers. She closed the door with her foot, praying that Dolores had gone into her sound proof room. 

The last thing Camilo wanted to do was pressure Avon, but the growing urge to just continue along this path and see what happened was thundering in his chest. They'd been physically close before—sneaking the occasional kiss behind Alma's back..but never like this before. 

Avon backed up, dragging him with her towards the bed. She lay backwards, carefully adjusting her position. Camilo hovered over her, breathing heavily, but unsure what to do. 

Present time Camilo frowned as Dolores stopped telling the story. 

"What? What happened next?" 

Dolores coughed, wrinkling her nose. "Yeah, so I actually was hiding in my room at that point...Mirabel and I were writing a song about the Madrigal family together..so I don't know what happened next." She cleared her throat. "This part isn't really important anyways."

_

Author's note: 

Y'all, let me know if you want me to do a NSFW chapter and I'll write one—but I wasn't going to do one for this part because they are 15..I mean, if you're okay with it sure, but I don't want to offend anyone.