I31I

Not sure what Act 2 is going to be about yet—so here's some light fluff while I try to make a decision.

___

Third Persons POV 

"Yeah no, this isn't going to work," Dolores said with a frown, hands on her hips. She leaned into Camilo's room, standing in the doorframe. Her hair was loose for once, and her red bandana was around her wrist. 

Camilo gave Dolores a hopeful smile, gesturing towards the tiny mattress on the ground beside his bed. "What do you mean this isn't going to work? Ave approves!" 

Avon turned to Dolores, doing a thumbs up. She was hiding a cheeky grin, knowing very well that they'd just end up sharing the bed. 

"Mhm," Dolores said skeptically. "And what happens when it gets cold...or you have a nightmare—" She snapped her fingers. "Any excuse will work for you two, right?" 

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Camilo said innocently, tipping his head to the side so that his curls bounced sideways. "It's like twenty-three degrees outside. No one's getting cold anytime soon." 

"Right," Dolores shook her head. "Nu-uh, why can't you just share a room with Mirabel? Antonio's bed is still in there." 

"Well.." Avon tapped her foot on the ground, trying to think of a good excuse. Camilo half walked-half pranced over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head on her shoulder. 

"Mirabel snores," Camilo said unconvincingly. 

Dolores huffed. "Yeah, because you two have such good reasons as to why in hell yo should be sharing a room." 

"Come on, Lori," Camilo whined. "We won't make any noise!" 

"Not helping," Avon whispered. 

"Get your mind out of the gutter," Camilo rolled his eyes. "I mean—we won't stay up having—pillow fights." 

Just then, Pepa stopped by, leaning into the room. "What's going on in here?" 

"Dolores is being a control freak again!" Camilo said. "Tell her we're allowed to share a room, Mama." 

Avon smiled, wriggling out of Camilo's grip and flopping down on her tiny bed. The mattress squeaked in protest, nearly breaking in half. 

"This bed is great," She lied, propping herself up on her elbows. "And I have a great view of...the mountains." 

"That's the view you're going to get," Dolores muttered to herself. She inhaled deeply. "Clear skies. Clear skies." 

Pepa eyed her daughter with a hint of a grin. "Okay, I mean, I don't see a problem here." 

Dolores groaned loudly. "MY EARS ARE SO SCARRED ALREADY!" She tossed a pillow at Camilo, hitting him square in the face. 

"HEY! IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOUR EARS HAVE HEARD THINGS THEY DIDN'T WANT TO!" 

"Well," Avon said, watching the chaos unfold. "Sit down, Chameleon, you know very well who's fault it is." 

"You two better sort it out soon, we're about to have dinner," Pepa placed a hand on her daughters shoulder. "Mariano's coming over...to discuss the proposal." 

"The proposal?" Dolores gulped. "Oh, yeah. Right. I have to go get ready." She squeaked quietly, turning on her heels and rushing off to her room. "Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies—" 

"The proposal?" Camilo and Avon mouthed at the same time. 

"Oh, I hope it goes well," Pepa said happily, turning and walking off in the opposite direction. 

Once they'd both left, Camilo turned to Avon with a sly grin. 

"Now that they're gone...." 

Avon rolled her eyes. "You're cute, but I don't want to get kicked out of the house." 

Camilo winked. "Later." 

"I HEARD THAT!" Dolores hollered from the other room.