Chapter 16

*This is sort of a filler chapter, but I feel it still is important to the book. I already know how I'm going to end this, but I have to first write what's in between then and now. Thank you all for reading and helping me reach this many views. I'd never dreamed this story would make it this far. Enjoy this newest chapter fo 'Away We Go'*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calypso’s P.O.V. 

“You can’t run forever...”

“Calypso!”

“Help us!”

“Please don’t-”

“You’ll kill us all!”

“You have to try!”

“You wouldn’t want to wind up like Roland...”

“Who are you?!”

“Go get help!”

“Stop! I’ll do anything!”

“WE’RE BURNING. YOU’VE KILLED US, CALYPSO. YOU!”

I shot up in bed, tangled in the sheets, heart thrumming like a psychotic humming bird was trapped beneath my ribs. My mouth had gone dry, my limbs quaking as I stood, making a bee line for the restroom in complete darkness. I gave back the cupcakes and what little dinner I had eaten, leaning against the far wall in exhaustion, my stomach twisting itself into a knot. I flushed the toilet, proceeding to splash my face with cool water from the sink. When I chanced a peek at my reflection I was ready to be sick again, my stomach finding its way back up my throat. 

I was ghostly in appearance, a reanimated corpse with wide, bloodshot eyes. I quickly averted my stare to the floor, running a shaking hand through my hair, grabbing a handful and tugging on it in frustration. 

I knew I only had days left until they came to collect, but was a few decent hours of shut eye really that much to ask? Of course, as soon as I’m able to sleep without the worry of being taken away in the midst of the night, I have to have that nightmare again. It was always the same one - over and over again. Tears pricked from behind my eyes, but I pushed them back, dragging in a much needed gulp of air. 

No use dwelling on it at this moment.

After rinsing out my mouth, I took a quick shower to rid myself of the thick layer of icy sweat that oozed from my pores. 

Terror had a funny response on the body. 

Once that had been done, I looked around the room, hoping to find a clock of some sort. My internal clock was...off. I had the distinct feeling that it was no longer morning, but much later in the day. 

Next to the bed was a rectangular, plastic machine with red letters across the front that read 3:23 p.m. 

So my assumptions had been correct. I’d slept for nearly twelve hours. I padded back into the bathroom in only a towel, to realize I had no clean clothes. I was not going out to look for Natasha in only this sheer garment, not even pausing to consider the blankets. I shuffled back out into the room, checking out a cupboard that rested in the far corner for something. It somewhat resembled a closet and it couldn’t hurt to check.

I pulled open the doors, the steel cool against my fingertips, smiling at what I saw. A few pairs of gym pants, under garments, some baggy gray pants, a pair of sneakers, socks, t-shirts, along with some jeans. A letter was on top of a sequined shirt, the print hurriedly scrawled and a bit messy.