Chapter 5

(Sorry for the shortness of this chapter. I'm incredibly busy but will try to have the next -hopefully more substantial- chapter out soon). :D

Captain America's a.k.a Steve Roger's P.O.V

The girl was even less threatening in sleep. After she'd passed out the other Avengers had arrived, along with a medical team, courtesy of Natasha. No one questioned her new concern for the girl– no one objected when she opted to stay with her after the small surgery that removed the bullet from her side. Natasha didn't offer any explanation, and no asked for one. 

Currently, the girl lied on the surgical table in white hospital garb, an IV attached to her arm. She was in one of the many labs that resided within S.H.E.I.L.D, a wide glass window allowing any passerby to see almost every inch of the room. 

I'd been walking by when I saw that she had begun to stir. Her fingers twitched lightly, yet her eyes didn't open. I didn't panic, refraining from calling for the doctors or security. 

She was a curious one.

I leaned against the wall opposite of the lab and sighed, my brows furrowing in concentration.

She could have taken me out as soon as I'd stepped through that door a few short hours ago; could have killed me on the spot, but she didn't. As Natasha's new behavior developed, I'd come to the conclusion something similar had happened with her. 

I was jerked from my thoughts when I saw the girl shaking her head from side to side, raising her hand to shield her eyes from the harsh fluorescent lights. With her next actions, I started to think that maybe calling for the doctors would have been a wise decision. I'd seen no reason to panic from my view outside of the room, but it never crossed my mind that she would start freaking out.