Chapter 3

Jase POV

I have never expect to move to another town during the final year of my High School. There have been increased attacks on the Supreme and Ordinary at Alas, the smallest town around and they need another Supreme family for support. Since I am the only one who have yet to find my soulmate in Casla, my family was the best choice to move to Alas.

It has been two years ever since I turned sixteen and there is no sign of meeting my soulmate. I am in no hurry to find one but my parents are. There is still a minority of Supreme who stayed alone throughout their life without meeting their soulmate, and my parents do not want it to happen on me.

I am fortunate to meet another four Supreme in my age- Ethan, Riley, Elle and Amber. Another surprise was finding out that they were matched to each other. Great, I am the odd one out again.

It always amazed me to find out the power of the other Supreme. Ethan has the power of object manipulation. Riley is able to read minds. Elle is able to get glimpse of the future. And lastly Amber has the power of fire. We are not allowed to use our power in front of the Ordinary and on them unless they pose any threats or encounter any danger.

Every Supreme is born with a power. We view our power as a gift is to protect the Ordinary. However each Supreme took different time to discover their unique power. Some are obvious and discover right after birth, and took longer time to discover when they are in teenager. Besides having their unique special power, each Supreme is also gifted with strength and speed.

For me, I only discovered my gift when I was ten when I was trying to stop a robbery. I didn't realised that I can manipulate living things which include human. After my parents know about my gift, they have warned me that it can be a dangerous gift if I am not careful enough. I can easily control the human but can easily kill a human. I knew it very well. Thus, I seldom use my gift unless I met a dangerous situation.

During the first day of school, I drove my black BMW to school, trying to get myself familiar with the route around the town.

When I entered a small quiet road, I was shocked to see a woman on bike dashing across the road without checking. I immediately pressed the horn to warn her as I stepped on the brake. The sudden horning shocked her and cause her to fall from her bike. I had no choice but to use my power to move her away from the road. To my dismay, my power doesn't work on her. Fortunately, the car managed to stop in time before hitting onto her. I quickly got out of my car and checked on her.

"I am so sorry. Are you alright?" I placed my hand on her back while looking for any injury. I could felt spark when I touched her and I think she could feel it too. She looked up to me and our eyes met.

I was stunned to find a woman with two big bright eyes gazing at me. Her caramel hair was tied loosely as a high bun. I couldn't stop staring at her rosy cheeks which stood out from her flawless fair skin.

"I am fine," the woman responded and she hurriedly got up to retrieve her fallen bike. She look away from me and pedalled away. I continued to look at her back till she disappeared at the corner of the street before I returned back to my car.

It was my first morning class in new school but I could not focus. I couldn't stop thinking about the woman whom I encountered this morning.

When the morning class finally ended, I walked to my locker and trying to stay calm with the girls staring, smiling and talking about me. Fortunately the girls know that I am a Supreme and kept their distance away from me.

I opened my new locker and kept some books to join the rest for lunch. At that moment, I could feel a gaze on me. I turned around and was surprised to see the woman whom I met this morning at the road. She quickly turned and walk away. The woman got my attention and it made me more curious and wanting to know her.