Chapter 19 - DETENTION

Eventually, after hundreds of years, Liam got fed up with being grounded in his bedroom and he realized that his parents were mindless robots now. He returned to the Lord, who was suitably smug

''I knew my boy would return, it was just a matter of how long it would take'' he said with a smug grin

At the same time as Liam returned Jake finally completed his ''punishment worship'' and the two boys were reunited

''It's good to see you again man'' Jake said to Liam

''Good to see you too'' Liam replied

Sir, whatever happened to Ryan?'' Jake asked the Lord ''he just disappeared. Is he still in the punishment zone?''

''He is gone for good now'' the Lord replied ''you two must forget him he will never return here. He is with the goddess forever''

The two boys were sad at the loss of their friend Ryan

''Anyway boys, you two are still not totally forgiven for your bad behavior'' the Lord told them ''There is work to be done still to earn your forgiveness. I'm sending you both back to school. Only this is not like any school you might be used to, this is a very special training school. Its purpose is to train boys like you two to worship their Master the correct way. It's a very intensive course and you don't get out again until you have been taught well and I am satisfied. Really its just one very long detention class with a very strict teacher''

The two boys were taken to their detention class. There were other boys there, sitting at desks. The teacher told the boys to sit at a desk and they did as they were told

''Welcome to detention'' the teacher told them ''how long you stay here depends on you, how willing you are to learn, and how quickly you progress. Some of these boys have been here for thousands of years and others only hundreds. Your first assignment is to write 1,000,000 reasons why you should worship your Lord and why he deserves praise and worship''

''1,000,000 reasons? I can't come up with THAT many reasons!'' Liam gasped ''I mean sure maybe I can think of a couple of hundred reasons that's all, not 1 million''

''Well, you have plenty of time to think about it, like I said this detention can go on for thousands of years. Start writing and I warn you boys, if you don't make an effort you will be punished''

''Punished how?''

''You'll find out but think of the worst punishments you got at school and then multiply it by 10,000 and that's how bad the punishment will be. If you had to write 1000 lines when you were at school and you thought that was bad how will you feel when you have to write 10 MILLION lines?!''

The boys gasped with shock and horror

''We'll start thinking hard about the 1 million reasons to worship the Lord'' they said

''Thought you might''

A couple of years passed by. The boys only managed a couple of thousand reasons and most of them were just recycled slightly differently

''He makes us stay 18 forever''

''He makes us stay young and healthy forever''

''We will never get old thanks to the Lord''

''We will always look attractive thanks to the Lord''

''We will never get wrinkles thanks to him''

''We will never die thanks to him''

''We will never have a funeral thanks to the Lord''

And so on and so on. It was really hard to keep coming up with more reasons in order to reach the target

''Ok boys I hate to pressure you but times getting on and you're not really making much progress'' the teacher told them

Suddenly Jake tore up his list and threw it on the floor ''Fuck this I give up!'' he cried ''This is fucking ridiculous, it's a joke. There are not 1 million reasons to worship that lunatic! You are setting us up to fail, you know it's impossible and we'll never succeed''

The teacher looked at Jake gravely and the other boys in the detention class looked at him with pity on their faces as they knew he had just put himself into serious trouble

''Oh dear oh dear'' the teacher said grimly ''Jake you've just got yourself 10 million lines for failing your task, another 10 million for swearing, and another 10 million for disrespecting your Lord. That's a total of 30 million lines Jake. This is going to be one very long detention indeed''

The other boys were stunned, no one had ever seen a boy get this many lines before. Liam kept quiet and carried on trying to find 1 million reasons to worship the Lord

He worked out another reason

''The more I worship and obey the less I am punished for not doing it''