Chapter Six

Quick A/N: You guys chose Irene, so here it is! Manager Wendy will meet Seulgi next chapter <3

~

Wendy walked over to room 2B, seeing Irene singing. It was music to her ears. Despite the door being closed, Wendy could still hear the soft, sweet melodies from outside the room. Compared to the other people Wendy had worked with, none of their voices sounded this beautiful.

Wendy knocked on the door, alarming Irene. She turned around and saw Wendy standing there, waving at her. Irene smiled, dashing to the door to open it.

"Hello, Irene!" Wendy said happily. "Hi Wendy! So, I heard you're our new manager?" Irene said, smiling. Wendy nodded, smiling as well. When Irene said the word manager, Wendy felt her heart sink to her stomach. She has finally realized, wow, she's an actual manager. "I'm gonna fail these girls so bad.." Wendy thought to herself, nervously.

"Yup! It's a pleasure." Wendy responded. Irene giggled at the response. "So, how did you go from wanting to write music for us to becoming our manager?" Irene asked. "It's just kinda silly." Irene told Wendy. "I agree." Wendy responded, and she didn't lie. She really did think it was odd for Mr. Lee to make someone who's never worked as a manager an actual manager, but Wendy wouldn't question it. At least she got a job at the company, right?

"I honestly don't really know why he put me in this position." Wendy said honestly. She walked into the room, taking a seat on the small black couch. "He just said I need more experience with idols in order to become a producer for this company." Wendy continued, sighing as she cupped her cheeks with her hands.

"Yeah, sometimes he isn't exactly the brightest." Irene said to Wendy, grabbing her headphones. She had a recording ready for a new OST. It was a soft song, Irene's favorite kinds of songs to sing. Her smooth voice went beautiful with soft and mellow tunes.

"Since you're my new manager now, can you help me with something?" Irene asked. "Of course!" Wendy said, standing up. "Come over here." Irene said, Wendy walking over the microphone.

Irene stood behind Wendy, putting the headphones on her.

Wendy felt her cheeks heat up almost as soon as Irene put the headphones on her head. While the headphones were on Wendy's head, Irene kept her hands on the headphones.

In the moment, Wendy placed her hands over Irene's, the two holding the headphones together. Wendy knew it was wrong since she barely knew this woman, but it felt nice.

She liked the feeling of hearing such beautiful song while holding Irene's hands. But, she knew she had to stop. What if she was making Irene uncomfortable?

Wendy removed the headphones, giving them back to Irene. "That was a beautiful song, Irene!" Wendy complimented. "Your voice matches so well with the tune." Wendy said, smiling softly. Irene smiled back.

"Thank you, Wendy. Well, what else are you supposed to do today? Do you have any plans here at work?" Irene asked Wendy. "Well, I do have to meet Seulgi, but after that, I'm out of work since it's just my first day I believe." Wendy rambled.

Truthfully, Wendy didn't completely know how to be a manager, so she just assumed that was all she had to do. After that, she was planning on going home and reading emails for promotions.

"Oh, that's nice! Well, to get to know each other better, do you wanna go to Tania's Coffee after work? We can chat more there!" Irene suggested. "Tania's Coffee? I've never heard of that place!" Wendy admitted.

"What? Really?" Irene asked, Wendy nodding. "Are you from this side of town?" Irene questioned once again. "No, I actually live somewhat far from here." Wendy admitted. "Oh, that must be why. Well, now I wanna show you lots of restaurants around this area!" Irene said, Wendy and her giggling.

"Sounds good!" Wendy smiled. "I'll see you after work?" Wendy asked. "Yup. See you, Wendy!" Irene waved goodbye, Wendy leaving the room.

Irene sat down on the same small black couch that Wendy sat on earlier. Her perfume lingered in the room, but it wasn't a bad smell. It was a soft scent and wasn't too intense, it was nice.

Irene sighed, relaxing on the couch. "I'm glad we have a female manager this time. I'm tired of those guys walking over me." Irene yawned.