Chapter Nine

The two got into Irene's car and started driving off.

"Where do you wanna eat? Foods on me." Irene said, turning a corner as she continued to drive. "Oh, I didn't put much thought into that.. You can pick." Wendy admitted, Irene nodding. "I'll take you to a noodle place. I've eaten there ever since I was a little girl." Irene said, smiling as she thought about her child self going to the noodle shop everyday after school.

As a child, Irene went to the noodle restaurant everyday after school. Her mom wasn't home so she didn't have anyone there to cook for her, but the lady from the noodle restaurant would give her a free small bowl of noodles everyday. Now that Irene was an adult, she had to pay, but the memories stuck to her like glue.

"We're here." Irene said, parking her car and unbuckling herself. She walked around the car to open the door for Wendy, walking her in.

"Ohh, good evening Joohyun!" The old lady at the counter greeted. "Good evening, Mrs. Han." Irene greeted the older woman, taking a seat in her usual table. Wendy sat in front of her.

"So, what'll it be?" Mrs. Han asked after she walked up to Irene's table. She had a black pen and small yellow notepad in her hand, prepared to write down the girl's orders.

"2 medium bowls of pork noodles, please." Irene said, placing her order. "What do you want to drink?" Irene asked Wendy. "Just a water please!" Wendy smiled. "And 2 waters." Irene added. "Okay, it'll be ready in 10 minutes girls!" Mrs. Han said cheerfully, walking away.

Wendy watched the older woman walk away happily. "She seems like a very happy woman." Wendy told Irene. "She doesn't get business often, so she's always pretty happy when I come in to order something." Irene smiled and laughed it off. "How sweet." Wendy thought to herself.

"So how long have you been coming to this place? It seems pretty run down." Wendy admitted, but she wasn't wrong. The white paint on the walls was chipping to reveal the gray underneath and the floors would creak wherever you walked. It definitely wasn't the nicest restaurant, but it was holding up.

Irene let out a chuckle when she heard Wendy ask the question. "Ever since I can remember." Irene smiled. "But the first time I came here, I was about 9 years old. I had just moved to Seoul and had to walk home from school, but got lost on my way home." Irene explained.

"I walked into this shop, crying because I was scared and lost. Mrs. Han made me a small noodle bowl and called my mom, then I got picked up. It stayed like that for a week until I finally remembered my path home." Irene smiled warmly.

"She seems nice!" Wendy replied. The two girls made small talk until their food was done.

"Here you go ladies! 2 pork noodle bowls and 2 waters." Mrs. Han said, placing the bowls on the table along with the glasses of water. "Thank you!" The two girls replied in sync.

Wendy mixed her noodles with her chopsticks, the heat from the noodles visible in the air. "How did you know?" Wendy asked, giggling and grabbing the noodles with her chopsticks.

"Know what?" Irene replied. "That pork noodles are my favorite?" Wendy answered, taking her first bite of the noodles. The taste was absolutely heavenly.
Unlike other noodle places, the flavor of the pork noodles was intense, but not too much. And the pieces of pork in the noodles were much larger than the sizes at other restaurants.

"Wow, this is amazing!" Wendy exclaimed, quickly slurping up more noodles.

Irene stared and laughed. Even when doing silly things like this, Irene found it adorable.

There was something special about Wendy in Irene's eyes. Usually, Irene hates everyone. Irene doesn't even like her own boss. To everyone around her, she's a cold hearted beauty. But maybe, just maybe, Wendy can bring out another side of Irene. The side of Irene that nobody but her would get to see.

A side of Irene that she only showed to people that she truly loved.

(~‾▿‾)~ Author's Note ⬇️
Sorry for this chapter being short! Next chapter will be longer, I just ended it because I thought I made a really good closing paragraph ;P