Chapter Five

Thomas headed to where Newt would be— Newt had told him where he likes to go for peace in the town. He discovered the blooming tree whilst on a walk, it had a dip in it; hollow enough to sit in. As Thomas passed an alleyway, he spotted Newt’s sweater that he was wearing that day and panic flooded his insides.

“NEWT!” Thomas shouted his name over and over, but got nothing in return. He ran further into the alley, spotting Newt curled up into himself. His eyes were shut and his hand stained a brilliant red, brighter than it would be on a painting palette. Thomas bent down, observing the other boy. The British boy was stripped of his clothes. His sweater was obviously ripped off of him, his pants off to the side and his boxers a shredded mess across the alleyway. Thomas’ eyes went wide, a sob falling from his mouth—he’s seen this before.

Newt had awfully bad lacerations, and bruises scattering his torso and thighs. Thomas had yet to see the back, shivering at the thought. One laceration curving from his hip to his bellybutton, another cutting across his shoulder and a thin, particularly long one looked like it twisted from the front of his thigh to somewhere in the back.

“Newt…?” his voice quivered and went to touch Newt’s hand but Newt whimpered and pulled away.  

“Newt, we need to get you to the hospital. It’s Tommy, I’m going to pick you up now.”

“T-Tommy… S-save me..” Newt said weakly and Thomas told him not to speak, to save his energy. Thomas wasn’t gonna let the boy he’d grown to adore die.

-

Thomas arrived at the hospital, shouting for help and clutching Newt to him. Teresa, his twin sister came running out in her lab coat and her face turned white as a sheet.

“Thomas, what happened to him?”

“Minho and him got into a fight and-and he ran out. Newt was ra-raped…” Thomas held Newt to him, hiccuping and praying for his boy to survive this.

“Tom, we need to get him into a room.” She whistled for a gurney, one was already being brung out and Newt was set on it—ready to be wheeled back to a room and get looked out. “Stay out here, Tom. I’ll call Minho.” Thomas nodded.

-

Minho arrived shortly after he was called, finding Thomas in a ball on the couch.

“Thomas… This is all my fault. Oh god I’m sorry.” Minho sat down, pulled Thomas onto his lap and held him. His best friend said nothing, the only sound coming from his mouth was the occasional whimper and his breathing. They sat like that for another hour before Teresa came out to get them. Thomas sat straight up.

“What’s the news?” His eyes weren’t the normal sweet, whiskey color they normally are, just a dull brown like the life was stolen from them.

“Tom, Newt suffered several injuries. His thighs have nail marks in them and cuts sliding down the flesh, the attackers having raked at his skin as Newt scrambled back. Newt was stabbed, the knife just missing his lung. The wounds you saw on his frontside were from rusted knives; rust was inside one wound, so it will be infected.” Teresa paused.

“A-attackers?” Thomas’ mind swirled, and gripped the side of the chair with mighty strength. “We do not know. Possibly three, maybe less. Though, the area you found him in is such a quiet area, there wouldn’t be anyone walking by. We suspect someone was waiting in the shadows for him. We’ll be running DNA tests tomorrow. Go see him, Tom, he needs you.” He only nodded and his sister took him to the room. Preparing himself, he walked in.

-

Newt looked like death. His normally rosy cheeks were now pale, his honey eyes a weakened brown color. Newt’s frail body wrapped in gauze, wrists ringed with red— only handcuffs could have rung the skin raw like that. Thomas sat down and gently took Newt’s hand in his, Newt stirred.

“Newt, I’m so sorry. If I had been stronger… you wouldn’t have gotten in a fight with Minho and… and you’d be safe. It’s all my fault. I love you, Newt. It’s been only a month and you’ve stolen my heart. You’re my world. If I hadn’t found you… you’d be dead.” Thomas hung his head, shame running through his veins. He felt a pull on his hand. Newt.

“Tommy,” Newt said, his voice weak and quiet. “I love you…” His voice softened to a mere whisper before pausing and catching his breath. “It was Ben. H-he did this.” tears fell down his pale cheeks, wincing as the salty substance fell into a small knick on his cheek. Thomas stayed silent, then got up and went to find Teresa.

-

After talking to his sister, he went back to inform Newt when he could get out of the hospital. Three weeks. Next, he went to go scheme something up with Minho. He wasn’t gonna let Ben off the hook so easily.

((So, is Ben gonna get away?))