Chapter Six

I'm back, guys! Here's a new update on the story. Oh, I have a new one shot up called Murder is Rather Romantic, check it out!
Slight trigger warning for this chapter, by the way. Here's a long chapter for you all.
Enjoy!
-
-
Newt hasn’t left their bed in weeks, he didn’t eat nor did he talk to Thomas or Minho much. He only gets up to use the restroom. Thomas is fairly worried about his boyfriend.

It’s sunday night and Newt’s laying in bed, in a troubled sleep.

“Just enjoy it. I know I will.”

Ben smiles wickedly before plunging the knife deep inside Newt’s back. Newt cries out and he’s suddenly not in the alley. He’s in Thomas’ and his bed. Newt gets up, seeing Thomas’ shadow in the bathroom. There’s blood in the sink, he calls out to Thomas.

“Glad you’re finally awake.”

His Tommy isn’t his Tommy anymore. This man has sunken in eyes, a dull gray-brown, his hair is long and unkept. He drowns in his clothes, having lost a lot of weight.

“Tommy?”

Thomas’ wrists are bleeding, as are his hands. The mirror is smashed and there’s shards of glass all in the brunette's hand.

“TOMMY!”

Newt calls out.

“Newt. Newt wake up, baby.”

Thomas shook him awake. Newt sprang up in bed, he swung his fist at Thomas, connecting it with his cheek. Thomas blinked.

“Oh god, Thomas… Shit, what did I do?”

Newt started to sob, his fragile frame shaking.

“I’m okay.”

Thomas said, assuring that he really was alright. Newt stared at the ceiling, not believing. Thomas picked up his dears hand and put it on his chest.

“Newt, I’m okay. It’s not your fault—I’m okay. Just… Please. Touch me. So I know you’re still in there somewhere, the man I love is in there somewhere.”

Newt’s hand fell limp.

Thomas got up, the bed groaning as his weight was lifted off. He screamed and screamed, not to anyone particular. So much anger built up inside him. Thomas had hid it up until this point. He shut the door in the bathroom and locked it. He punched the mirror and stared at a sharp shard. Many horrid thoughts passed through his head. Thomas dragged the shard across his wrist and watched as blood bubbled to the surface. There was a knock on the door, then a voice. Minho.

“Thomas? I’m coming in.”

Minho heard nothing in return, he tried the handle but it was locked. He seen the key above the door was taken. So, he slammed his shoulder against the door and it popped right open. His breath caught at the sight: his best friend sitting on the floor with a bleeding wrist and a piece of glass in his other hand.

“NEWT!”

Minho shouted and picked Thomas up, setting him in his lap and wrapping his bloody wrist in a towel. Newt didn’t get up at the first call, the Asian called again.

"Newt, Thomas needs you. He’s injured.”

That sparked something in the blonde so he got up and his feet padded quietly against the floor.

“Wha—”

He stopped at the sight of Thomas. Bloodied wrists and bags under his eyes, he hadn’t noticed earlier.

“Oh… I did this. I did this.”

He sat in front of the two boys, taking Thomas’ injured wrist in his hand and placed a tender kiss on it.

“Tommy, no more of this. I will get better for you. I’m going to try. I love you.”

Thomas looked at him, tears spilling down his cheeks.

“Newt, I…”

Newt hushed him with a gentle kiss. He cleaned up Thomas’ wrist and they went to bed together. For the first time in weeks, Newt slept peacefully with his boyfriend in his arms.

-

Over the week, Thomas’ wrist healed and Newt got somewhat better. It wasn’t Thomas anymore who’d been flinching, it was Newt. From the time that Newt arrived, Thomas got better and he lets Newt and others touch him. Newt’s nights were bad.

Thomas went to cuddle him,

“No, Tommy,”

Newt pulled away,

“I’m disgusting. Please don’t touch me. You don’t want me.”

Thomas looked at his boyfriend, his eyes glinting with sadness.

“Newt, you are not disgusting.”

Newt shook his head and said he’s poison.

Other times, they were a different kind of bad.

“Touch me.”

Newt said as he climbed onto Thomas’ lap. He wanted to be loved, wanted to feel his boyfriend's hands on him.

“Newt, you’re not ready yet. I know you think you are but you’re not.”

Thomas set his hands on Newt’s waist gently.

“Tommy, I want you.”

Newt started to pepper kisses along Thomas’ neck and Thomas gently pushed him back, kissing his cheek. Newt got up off the bed and swung his arms in the air.

“WHY WON’T YOU TOUCH ME?”

He screamed,

“Am I that gross, Thomas? Am I that repulsive?”

He sank to the floor and sobs wracked his frame, Thomas got up and held his love.

“No, baby. You’re not repulsive. You’re not disgusting, I love you, Newt. When you’re better, I will show you what it’s like to be taken care of, I promise.”

Newt only nodded and they fell asleep on the floor.

Newt was doing good during the day, letting Thomas hold his hand and kiss him occasionally. Minho kept a watchful eye on both of them throughout the time.

-

Thomas and Newt decided it was time to get out of the apartment, inviting Minho to go with them and he happily obliged. The three traveled down to a small pizzeria on the corner where the apartment building was. The trio entered, the smell of pizza and sweet peppers hit their noise. Minho’s stomach rumbled and Newt giggled.

“Hungry, mate?”

His accent was thicker than normal for some reason. Thomas smiled at Minho and kissed Newt’s temple. Minho grumbled something that sounded like “You suck.” and knowing Thomas, he’d hope he didn’t hear. Thomas heard.

“Yes, I do. But we haven’t go there yet.”

Newts rosy cheeks got even pinker and Minho elbowed Thomas is the side.

“Ouch.”

He whined and rubbed where the elbow connected, Newt chuckling. They sat down, Newt with Thomas and Minho hogging up the other whole seat. Minho ordered them a large BBQ pizza.

“Dude, there’s three of us and Newt eats like, one piece.”

Thomas whined, Newt grinned shyly and Minho smiled cheekily.

“And I eat enough to feed an army, so shut it, pal.”

“Brat.”

Now it was Thomas’ turn to grin. Newt rolled his eyes at his boyfriend and newly made best friend. Their pizza arrived shortly after they stopped bickering. They ate happily, babbled on and on about things that they haven’t shared before.

Newt fell in love with Thomas all over again.

-
-
Be sure to leave comments and vote! Thank you xx