Chapter 24 | Mine

I stared at a pair of hazel eyes, scanning all the way down to her full pink lips as she sat across from me giving us information that I was half listening to

I stared at a pair of hazel eyes, scanning all the way down to her full pink lips as she sat across from me giving us information that I was half listening to. The more I studied her I noticed the faint and tiny scar on her right lower cheek. How the hell did I not notice it before?

I leaned over the table, grabbing her chin as I ran my finger along the tiny scar. She stopped talking and looked at me, tensing, and I could've sworn she shuddered a bit when I touched it. Like the memory of how she got it came flooding back through the brush of my fingertips.

I turned her face a little to the left so I could get a better look at it. I felt all the boys' stares around us, but I didn't care. I clenched my jaw, about to ask her how she got it, but I stopped when she looked me in the eyes and lightly shook her head, silently telling me to not ask. Of course, a part of me already knew who did it, but I wanted to hear a name.

You could barely see it and it didn't seem to bother her. I took my hands off her face, leaning back in my chair and giving her a nod indicating for her to continue whatever she was telling us.

In about an hour we would be leaving for the strip club that Elisia mentioned was owned by the American mob and opened recently. I really didn't want to start something with them since I knew them and had talked to them a few times, but if they were the ones fucking up my goddamn shipments, I wasn't going to let it slide. I wouldn't mind spilling a little blood if I fucking had to. I was pissed off about it to say the least and if I got even a little proof that it was them, I wouldn't even let them explain themselves.

"Um, we shouldn't have a problem though if I can just get into one of the back rooms and attach the USB linking it to Alex's or Adrian's computer, whichever uploads it faster," she mumbled looking down at her computer.

I had already talked to Gael ─ the boss of the American mob ─ and told him that we would be making an appearance at his new strip club to check it out and he seemed to have no problem with it since we'd talked before but even though he was calm over the phone doesn't mean it wasn't them.

Luca would be staying here with Layla. While Alex and Adrian would stay in the car ready to gather any information we got and for backup in case we didn't notice things that they would through the cameras. Christan, Sergio, Lorenzo and Vincenzo would be going in with me along with Jose and Mateo although they would be scattered throughout the strip club.

"All right boys, I hope that didn't go through one ear and out the other," Elisia said throwing me a look as she got up from the long dining table grabbing her computer and some papers. "I'll meet you guys in the living room before we leave," she muttered.

"Elisia," Layla called out from behind me. Elisia looked up and sighed.

"Yeah?" she answered, Layla instantly making a noise knowing that Elisia was playing dumb with her.

"I was supposed to help you get ready," Layla beamed and Elisia grimaced.

"When did I agree with that?" Elisia muttered more to herself than to Layla.