1. Finally

My writing will get better the further we get into the story, don't except good quality early on 

-Summer's POV-

3:00pm: 

It was a hot afternoon, my brother and I were traveling east, looking for a town my grandpa had me about, he said had been there before. He had told me that Encanto was a thriving town, hidden in the mountains, protected by a candle. It sounded unbelievable at first, but you tend to believe anything when you can do fire magic. I was thinking that maybe the people there could help me control my power. 

My brother and I had been traveling for 2 months by now. We were trying to find someplace to live in. So far we haven't had very good luck. No one was willing to take us both in, we wanted to stay together. We were the last family we had. 

 "I'm worried Summer, what if the scientists find you? They could take you away!" Lucas said to Summer with concern.

"I'll be fine! And I'm sure we'll run into a town sooner or later... I'm sure of it!" I replied, trying my best to sound cheerful. I was very worried. I was scared the scientists would find me, they were probably trailing behind us.

"I'm still worried Summer," Lucas said interrupting my thoughts. He then reached his hand out to grab mine. 

"Ow!" Lucas shouted. 

"Sorry" Summer said, "Is the burn bad?".

"Not really" Lucas answered truthfully. Summer let out a sigh of relief, he wouldn't be able to deal with another injury from him. 

"What's bothering you?" Lucas asked me. 

"Nothing is bothering me. I'm fine!" I told my brother, trying to reassure him.

"I don't believe you," Lucas said with a cross look on his face.

-Timeskip- 

5:00pm

A wall of mountains was blocking our path. The "wall" looked like it went on for miles! 

"how do we get around?" Lucas asked. 

"The fastest way around would be to climb the mountain," I said. Unfortunately, I'm scared of heights. Lucas on the other hand was really excited, he loved adventure. 

Shaking, I pulled out some rope from my bag. It didn't look very sturdy, but it would have to do. I tied the rope around my waist then around his brother's so that if we fell, we could help each other up. Better safe than sorry.  

I took a deep breath and started climbing, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, since I was looking at a giant mound of dirt, but I still wasn't having fun. Lucas was a natural mountain climber, he knew where to place his feet and he wasn't scared at all.

"This is fun!" Lucas said, craning his face towards me. 

"I wish I could say the same" I whispered, I knew didn't have much stamina, but I had to keep moving up towards to top of the mountain.

5:40pm

 I knew I wouldn't be able to keep going without rest. Fortunately out of the corner of my eye I spied a ledge. 

"Lucas, I'm tired. Can we rest over there?" Summer asked his brother pointing up to a ledge. 

"Sure" Lucas answered almost immediately. We climbed onto the ledge and sat down leaning against the mountain. Not wanting to look down I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

-Timeskip-

6:00pm

I was woken abruptly by my brother's screams. 

Lucas was fighting off a skeleton pushing towards his death. With my heart pounding, I threw some fire at the skeleton and grabbed my brother. With his hands on fire the skeleton hands and started pulling the two brothers towards them. Wow, this skeleton was smart.

"The rope!" Lucas shouted. The rope was now on fire, slowly trailing its way towards me and Lucas. I knew if he didn't do something they would become burnt pancakes, so I started untying the rope tied around my waist and my brother's. I then yeeted the rope off the mountain.

Just when I  skeleton was about to give up. He grabbed Summer's wounded leg and started pulling him towards himself. Luckily Summer was not defenseless and threw a small fireball at his face causing the skeleton to let Summer go. Now free from the skeleton's grip Summer and Lucas started climbing as fast as they could to get away. 

-Timeskip-

As soon as the skeleton was out of sight

"That was traumatic" I sighed. 

"What does that mean?" asked Lucas.

"Never mind" I sighed.

-Timeskip- 

7:20

The moon was now high in the sky, making it harder to see. Lucas and I had been climbing for two hours. I was the one slowing Lucas down, I suck at climbing. 

 Suddenly Lucas started climbing as if he had regained his energy. 

"I see the top!" he shouted. 

Pushing through the pain I started catching up to my brother.

Lucas got to the top first and pulled me up. "Finally" was all I managed to get out. The view was absolutely beautiful yet scary at the same time. Ontop the mountain was a stream leading to a waterfall, the sides of the stream were littered with wildflowers of every color, all the trees were all huddled in one corner and long grass filled up most of the empty spaces.

"Finally, water," Lucas said with relief. After drinking water the two of us under a tree, I dug in my bag, pulled out a piece of bread that was obviously not enough to feed both Lucas and me. I split the bread in half and gave the bigger piece to Lucas. He looked disappointed, at the sight of the small piece of bread. 

Sighing I gathered as many sticks as I could, put them into a pile, and lit a fire. Gathering around the fire Lucas and I ate the bread in silence.

When we finished eating I lay down next to Lucas and drifted off to sleep looking up at the stars.

-3rd POV-

 Little did the pair know that tomorrow would be an eventful day for them.

Word count: 998

Next chapter Summer and Camilo will meet. 

I had trouble writing this chapter, probably because it was my first. If anyone has some advice please tell me in the comments. 

Hope you enjoyed it, have a great day/night!