entwined intelligence and impishness

four

Klaus Mikaelson was an unexpected addition in the two witches' jagged jigsaw puzzle of a family, the hybrid's own piece was serrated and bloodied and something that had existed for millennia, but surprisingly, he fit perfectly. And he was a seemingly constant presence in their lives, becoming attached to the little witch who had sneaked her way into his otherwise nonexistent heart.

Much to Bellatrix's scornful disdain.

To Sirius' vast amusement.

And to Hazel's unending delight.

It had become a side project next to her studies to find a different way to break the Original's hybrid curse and for that, the Mikaelson had sworn, that he would do anything for the young witch within the length of his own life and even if it led him to his death.

The little witch was also cherished by Sirius, her being his only reminder of his best friends. The entwined intelligence and impishness of his goddaughter was all he needed to catch of a single glimpse of her parents. James and Lily, the Black Heir decided, would be more than happy with their princess.

But it was Bellatrix who treasured Hazel above all else, especially after her little Lady-kins killed, actually... exploded, those two nomad vampires that were about to attack her, saving her life once again.

They got ice cream afterwards.

:3

It wasn't until she was nine, almost ten years old, that she met her fourth vampire without exploding him. Little Hazel was a gorgeous, young girl and a cautious one at that. Trixie's teachings were unforgettable. But it was his eyes that had stopped her. Filled not with malice or greed, but with curiosity and amusement. And they were her favourite colour, a pretty bright blue.

This time, when Hazel had escaped her beloved adoptive mother yet again, it was becoming harder and harder after Las Vegas and then California. At least this time it was only in Mystic Falls and not states away.

She wanted to see the town, the stories that she had read in the Black Family Library of witch trials, being burned at the stake and all the vampires killed in so many raids, were ever so interesting. And sad. Who knows if they deserved it or not? Not everything is black or white.

The young Dark Lady had just walked past an alley when she was suddenly snatched into the rotten smelling darkness, thrown against a wall and now face to face with a pasty skinned man with crazed eyes and yellow, crooked teeth.

But before he could say or do anything, his whole head was gone, splattering blood all over Hazel's face and her pretty green dress given to her from Nik, which was supposed to match her eyes.

Well... not anymore.

"And what is a little witch like you doing in a place like this?"

That is how Hazel Siria Black met Damon Salvatore.

:3

Damon had taken a detour through the town for some reason. He really didn't know why, he just felt the need to go that way instead of this way and he was pleased he did.

"Shouldn't you be a tiny bit... horrified that you're covered in blood, little witch." The vampire leaned in close so he was several inches away from her.