the silence of an empty room

five

"I know I can't stop you from exploring at your leisure, Lady-kins, but why must you always bring home strays?"

Suddenly affronted and annoyed, Damon narrowed his blue eyes at the grown witch who was triple checking the giggling nine year old over for any cuts or bruises. He almost scoffed, as if he'd let that happen.

"He has pretty eyes." Hazel smiled up at her pseudo mother.

Bellatrix Black, as she had been introduced to him as, was not the type of woman the Salvatore had imagined her to be. Well, to be honest, he didn't know what to expect, but this tall, curvy vixen whose silver eyes glittered with dark intent, was definitely not it.

Her stare tapered into an agitated glare, one that guaranteed harm, "And does he promise to keep you safe whenever you do decide to wander around in town?"

Hazel huffed cutely and crossed her arm, before a pout fell on her pretty face, "I don't need protection, I know too many good hexes and curses."

Bella hummed thoughtfully, "How about we make the vampire promise something else then, hmm?" The ravenette turned her deadly gaze to Damon, who gulped and he very nearly shifted from foot to foot.

"Promise what?"

"We make him promise to understand that I will tear his organs out one by one, slowly and painfully and through his nose if my ickle Hazel-kins ever gets injured in his presence."

It had been a very long time since the Salvatore had felt fear...

And he didn't feel fear now either...

No, he was fucking terrified by the tall witch who had just threatened to rip his guts out if the short witch ever got hurt if ever he was close by.

Holy fuck.

Then what does Hazel do?

She fucking giggles, those big emerald green eyes practically glowing with laughter as she looked back at him before she hugged him around the waist, snuggling her face into his stomach, "He promises."

What the fuck did he just sign up for?

:3

Hazel had gone to bed that night, delighted to have made another friend while Bellatrix was lounging in front of the fireplace in the sitting room, a glass of firewhiskey in one hand while the other held the book she had been looking for that her Dark Lady had borrowed. She was relaxed, the light from the flickering flames dancing around the dark walls and the complete silence was beautiful, soothing the torment from her twisted past.

The fire then flared a brilliant green that was just shy of her Lady's eye colour and a certain wizard stepped out.

"Hello, cousin."

"Bella." Sirius nodded with a small smirk as he felt a small surge of power in his core, just by being in close proximity to his goddaughter. The impish curve then softened to a gentle smile as the Black Heir glanced towards the stairs leading to her room.

"And how was your day, today?"

"Disappointing as always, Bells, disappointing as always," the man scowled lightly, "But... I feel like I'm getting somewhat warmer."