A Vigilante Part 2

Requested by @MagicSchoolBusKid

Title: Vigilante-for-Hire Part 2

Warning: mentions of violence, death, cursing, murder, and rape

I didn't know how long I was sitting in my car for, but before I realized it, I was crying. No, full-on sobbing. Why was I crying in the first place? Was it what I had just witnessed after going in to complete a simple job that I thought would be just like the others? Yes.

Was I expecting it to have gone as wrong as it did? Never in a hundred years.

I did what I did to prevent what I had just seen and even now that it was over and it was quiet except for my heavy breathing and the sound of me hitting the middle console with the side of my fist that I could already feel bruising from the force.

I pulled off my wig and pushed my (h/c) hair back, taking a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Get it together. This is not what you wanted to happen but that doesn't make it your fault." I quickly pinched myself and the tears instantly stopped as I wiped my face and put my car into gear.

As I drove down the road, the silence quickly became too heavy for me to listen to anymore, so I reached for the radio, turning up the dial and hitting the button for my favorite station. The ending of an Ariana Grande song reached my ears and I listened along until it was cut off and the host began talking.

"That was Ariana Grande's "pov" and that song actually got nominated for a- what? No, what? Right now? Oh, God. U-uh, so I was just informed of a confirmed murder in the Bronx of New York. Police are telling everyone to stay home or away from that area and do not walk alone, even if it's across the hall. Wow, guys. I'm looking at these pictures and I-I have no words. Uh, if you wanna see them, the news is about to show an emergency announcement, so-" I quickly swerved off the road and onto the side shoulder, hastily parallel parking as I snapped at myself and got out of my car, rushing up to the building, hoping the person I was looking for was here.

"What are you doing here?" I immediately pushed past April and into her apartment, ignoring the four turtles that were sitting in her living room, staring at the good-sized t.v. that hadn't been here the last time I had left. I guess April's dad did have some dough on him.

"Is this the news?" April nodded and I pushed past everyone to stand in front of it, ignoring the shouts and calls of protest from behind me.

"-recently discovered crime scene. Residents of the building heard screaming and calls for help from this apartment earlier this morning. A mysterious figure entered the apartment sometime after. Screams started again and also went silent. If you have any information at all, please call the numb-" I cut off the reporter by throwing the side of my fist onto my thigh, screaming through my gritted teeth.

"Woah-" The blue turtle stood up and reached for me, but unfortunately not in my right mind, I saw someone else reaching from above me, and I quickly reached for my gun and pulled it from my pocket, cocking it as I held it up to his forehead.

"Hey!" I pointed it at the red bandana, who had stood up to defend his brother. Blue, thinking he was safe, quickly reached for me, but I kneed his hand away and yanked the knife from my waist, holding it with the knife facing away from my body as I pushed the blade back up to blue's throat.

"W-wait! Can we calm down, please. There's no need for all this." Purple tried to reason with me as he and orange stood up and stared me down. Orange tried to drop his hand to his side to grab something, but within an instant, my gun was pointed at him.