7

2023 - Iraq

The band was almost fully back together but they needed one more member, Makkari. Makkari had stayed with the Domo for the last 5 centuries doing god knows what.

When they got off of the plane, they walked up to where the Domo is. Druig had mind controlled the archeologist away from from the Domo.

Druig and Rea walked side by side that when Rea noticed his leather jacket.

"When did you get that?" She asked him pointing to his jacket.

"I don't know, why? Do you not like it?" He asked looking down at his jacket.

"No I do, it's quite fitting for you." Rea laughed as they made it to the Domo.

They all made it into the Dominican where the were all grouped together and walking slowly.

"A foreboding atmosphere fills the air. An eerie stillness chokes our lungs." Kingo narrated to the camera Karun was holding.

"What are you doing? You know you're creeping us out. You know that, right?" Phastos said before they heard a pop which made him freak out. "Oh! Oh, God! Stay calm, T, please!" He exclaimed to Thena.

She used her foot to point to a bag of chips that she must've stepped on. He chuckles and picks up the bag.

"Chips. It's just chips." He chuckled nervously.

"As you can see, being an Eternal does not preclude you from having human emotions such as cowardice." Kingo narrated to the camera before getting distracted. They walked in the room to see the room completely cluttered with artifacts and books which made Rea smile.

"What has she done? Is that... a sarcophagus in my lab?" Phastos said while marching over to something.

"This is Makkari. Or should I say Miss Havisham? None of us have seen her for centuries." Kingo said which made Rea smile softly.

"Ready to go home?" Makkari signed, which everyone made had eerie faces to her. Which made her look annoyed.

Rea along with everyone else explored the room and the artifacts in it. Rea went and found a Twinkies box next to Ikaris as he held the emerald tablet that Makkari had been looking for, for years. Rea looked at the tablet and back to Ikaris before swapping them with him.

"Pleasure doing business." Rea smiled before walking over to Makkari.

"So how did you end up getting the Emerald Tablet?" Rea said as Makkari tried to grab it and then did.

"I missed you." Makkari signed with a sad smile.

"You know I wanted to visit but I didn't know where you were." Rea signed to her before giving her a hug.

"Phastos, I need to control the mind of a Celestial." Druig said as he walked over to Rea and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Okay, get ready for it." Phastos said and projected 9 bracelets.

"Bracelets?" Kingo asked as he stared at it. "You made us bracelets?" He questioned.

"So, here's a little Celestial 101. Celestials are the most powerful energy generators in the universe. When Arishem made us, he imbued us with infinite cosmic energy to keep our bodies regenerating. The bracelets in theory shut down our regeneration process. And once that happens our bodies accumulate extra cosmic energy." Phastos explained to the group.

"What for?" Rea asked as she leaned against Druig who still he his arm wrapped around her.

"Well, if the Deviants can absorb our energy, what if we can absorb each other's energy as well? If I can find a way to connect us all, one of us could become immensely powerful, pulling the accumulated energy from the rest, forming... a Uni-Mind." He explained and everyone just stared at him.