8

2023 - Iraq

"Why did Sprite go with Ikaris?" Makkari signed as she was very confused.

"Because she loves him. Oh, you guys didn't pick up on that? He really fooled us, didn't he? Karun, let's go." Kingo sighed.

"Wait, where the hell are you going?" Phastos asked Kingo.

"I can't help you guys. I still think Ikaris is right." Kingo answered glumly.

"So, that's it, huh? Just gonna follow him?" Phastos asked.

"I love the people of this planet. But if you stop this emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem. But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs." Kingo answered honestly which Rea in some way thought that was noble.

He began to walk out when Makkari stopped him.

"We need you." She signed with her hand on her shoulder.

"Even with my help, we're no match. It's Ikaris." He said and walked to the doorway. "But I hope to see you on the next planet." He said as he walked away. This was all falling apart and Rea didn't know how to fix it. Karun thanked them and told them it was honor meeting them. Rea had been sitting down beneath Druig, who was sitting on a rock.

"Look, if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a back up plan." Druig said as he played with Rea's hair.

"All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a Celestial, so..." Phastos explained.

"Well, Sersi did turn a Deviant into a tree." Rea said with a smile.

"I'm sorry, what? You didn't wanna tell me that?" Phastos asked with an amazed look.

"You've never been able to do it before." Makkari signed which Rea nodded.

"I don't know how it happened, okay? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again." Sersi said and Rea rolled her eyes at how Sersi didn't believe in herself.

"Well, now is the time to try, don't you think?" Phastos scoffed.

"Phastos, that Deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep, not to kill it. I can't kill a Celestial." She told them.

"Sersi. Sersi." Phastos tried to convince her.

"We can't!" She yelled, "We can't."

"It okay, Sersi. I got this." Druig said as he tried to calm her. Rea got up sat next Druig on the rock table. She put her head on his shoulder as she watched Sersi walk away.

"You might want the take back what you said about us saving Earth." Rea sighed as she pulled her knees to her chest.

"Not yet, my love." Druig said as he looked out at Makkari and Phastos. She noticed that Phastos went marching out of the room and coming back in. He sat on bench while the bracelets.

"It's time." He said and walked out of the room with everybody following him. They all went and got their armor on. Rea loved her armor maybe it was because of the colors or how comfortable it was. She had crossed her arm over her body and over her heart to put on the bracelet.

She stepped out from her place and turned to Druig.

"I haven't seen you in armor in quite a long time." She said with a smile. He smiled back at examined her head to toe.

"You look gorgeous my beautiful, beautiful Rea." He smiled as he brought her into his embrace.

2023 - Port of emergence