Chapter 1

The salty air filled a girl's nose with her red lab by her side as the ship moved with the current of the ocean waves and her men started to sing a song around her.

"I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue, and it's hey to the starboard, heave-ho. Look out, lad a mermaid be waiting for you, in mysterious fathoms below."

"Isn't this great?" Y/n giggled to her dog, Eijiro, who barks in agreement. "The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face. A perfect day to be at sea."

She turned around to talk to her advisor, but noticed him hutched off retching his guts in the water.

"Oh, yes. Delightful." Her advisor scariasslicy said and hunched over again

"A fine strong wind and a following sea." One of the crew members caught her attention. "King Enji must be in a friendly mood today."

"King Enji?" Y/n asked and another man answered.

"Ruler of the merpeople, Princess. Thought every good sailor knew about him."

"Merpeople." Her advisor, Shota Aizawa said once he got his stomach under control. "Y/n, pay no attention to this nautical nonsense."

"But it ain't nonsense. It's the truth." The same guy argued and held up a fish in Kegio's face. "I'm telling ya! Down in the depths of the ocean they live!"

~

As the animals of the ocean swam in silence a tail fin swam past with his wife and son following behind and more and more merpeople swam to a giant glowing underground castle. Trumpets sounded as everyone took their seats and a small seahorse coughed to gain the people's attention.

"His Royal Highness, King Enji!"

Three dolphins pulled out Enji, who was in a clam shell and his glowing triton in his hand. The crowd erupted into applause and cheered for their king.

"And presenting the distinguished court composer, Keigo!"

As the seahorse yelled out, a red crab floated up next to the Enji.

"I'm really looking forward to this performance, Keigo."

"This will be the finest concert I have ever conducted. Your children will be spectacular!"

"And especially Shoto." Enji whispered as he took a seat on his throne.

"Yes, yes. He has the most beautiful voice." Keigo smiled and started to make his way down to the stage. "If only he'd show up for rehearsals once in a while."

Once he made it to his platform a spotlight shone on him and he pulled out his notes and started to conduct the fish below, who had instruments. Three clams rose from the ground and opened to reveal 4 boys and 2 girls.

(Play Song)

"Ah, we are the children of Enji. Great father who loves us and named us well."

"Fuyumi."

"Alinta."

"Kaji."

"Kaki."

"Natsou."

"Fuyuhiro."

"Fuyuka."

"And then there is the youngest in her musical debut, our seventh little brother, we're presenting him to you. To sing a song Keigo wrote, his voice is like a bell, He's our brother Sho-"

A clam opened to where the merman was supposed to be, but there was no one inside but a blue pillow. Everyone gasped in the stadium and Enji's eyes filled with rage.

"SHOTO!!!!!!!!!"

~

At an abandoned sunken ship a flash of a white and red whooshed past.

"Shoto, wait for me!" A small green fish called.

"Izuku, hurry up." Shoto called back.

"You know I can't swim that fast." Izuku said, panting, once he made it up to his friend, who was looking at an object in front of him.

"There it is." Shoto gasped and pointed to the broken ship. "Isn't it fantastic?"

"Yeah, sure. I-It's great. Now let's get out of here." Izuku stuttered and swam away.

"Oh!" Shoto whispered and grabbed Izuku by his fin and started to swim towards the ship. "You're not getting cold fins now, are you?"

"Who, me? No way." Izuku shook his head and followed after the merman. "It just, it, it looks damp in there. Yeah. And I think I may be coming down with something."

"All right. I'm going inside." Shoto whispered and started to push his way inside a small hole. "You can just stay here and watch for sharks."

"Okay. Yeah, you go. I'll stay and-" Izuku answered quickly, but stopped. "What?! Sharks?! Shoto!"

Izuku swam to the hole that Shoto went through and tried to go through, but got stuck.

"Shoto, I can't, Shoto, help!" Izuku cried when he got a chuckle in response and the marman came out of the shadows.

"Oh, Izuku."

"Shoto." Izuku whispered as Shoto started to pull his green fins. "Do you really think there might be sharks around here?"

"Izuku, don't be such a guppy."

"I'm not a guppy." Izuku pouted and Shoto pulled him inside. The two swam into a room where there was treasure around the place, while Izuku started to mutter. "This is great. I mean, I really love this. Excitement, adventure, danger lurking around every corner- Shoto!!!!"

Izuku screamed when he saw a skull staring at him and the ceiling started to fall, he quickly jumped into the merman's arms.

"Oh, are you okay?" Shoto asked completely obviously of what just happened.

"Yeah, sure. No problem. I'm okay."

"Shh!" Shoto shushed him and he swam up to a hole in the roof, when something caught his eye. It was like his father's triton but smaller and silver. "Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh! Have you ever seen anything so wonderful in your entire life?"

"Wow! Cool! But, uh, what is it?"

"I don't know, but I bet Denki will." Shoto said and put it into his bag that he brought. He turned around just as a shadow swam by.

"Uh, what was that?" Izuku squeaked and swam to Shoto. "Did you hear something?"

"I wonder what this one is." Shoto muttered and picked up another object.

"Shoto?"

"Izuku, will you relax? Nothing is going to happen-"

"SHARK!!!!" Izuku screamed as a purple shark broke down a window. "Shark! We're gonna die!!"

The shark tried to grab Izuku but he swam into Shoto's arms, who quickly swam for the hole they came in. As he swam his bag caught a piece of wood and he dropped it. Shoto turned around and grabbed the bag just as the shark bit down on the piece of wood.

"Oh no!" Izuku gasped as he swam towards the hole, Shoto quickly pushed him through and swam through himself. As the two swam as fast as they could, Izuku ran into a piece of rock and he fell from the shock, Shoto grabbed him through a ring just as the shark ran through it and got stuck in it. "You big bully!"

The shark snapped his jaws at the small fish and he screamed in fear.

"Izuku, you really are a guppy." Shoto chuckled and swam to the surface.

"I am not!"