Chapter 5

As the two eels led the merman to a dark cave that looked like a giant eel with blue smoke flowing out of it. When Shoto saw the mouth of the cave he stopped and thought about his decisions, but quickly swallowed it down and continued inside. As they swam down the throat of the cave, The merman saw the cursed people and one wrapped around his wrist as if to stop him, but he pulled away from it and panted in fear.

"Come in. Come in, my child." He heard a deep voice say from behind him and he turned to see a throne but no one on it. "We mustn't lurk in doorways. It's rude."

A merman swam out of the shadows and he had a blue and black tail.

"One might question your upbringing." The merman chuckled and looked at himself in his mirror. He grabbed a small red octopus from a small cage and he squirted it onto his hair to make his black hair a deeper black. "Now, then, you're here because you have a thing for this human, this princess girl. Not that I blame you. She is quite a beauty, isn't she? Well, angelfish, the solution to your problem is simple. The only way to get what you want is to become a human yourself."

"Can you do that?" Shoto gasped, making Dabi laugh and turned to face him.

(Play Song)

"My dear, sweet child. That's what I do. It's what I live for. To help unfortunate merfolk, like yourself, poor souls with no one else to turn to." Dabi said and swam around Shoto. "I admit that in the past, I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch, but you'll find that nowadays, I've mended all my ways, Repented, seen the light and made a switch. True? Yes."

"And I fortunately know a little magic. It's a talent that I always have possessed." Dabi sang and he opened up his cauldron that made blue smoke rise up, and he made a silhouette of a man, who was skin and bones and a woman, who had a big belly. "And here lately, please don't laugh, I use it on behalf of the miserable, lonely and depressed. Pathetic. Poor unfortunate souls, In pain, in need, This one longing to be thinner, that one wants to get the girl. And do I help them? Yes, indeed."

Dabi snapped his fingers and the two silhouettes turned into a skinny girl and a muscular man, and they hugged each other and kissed.

"Those poor, unfortunate souls so sad, so true, They come flocking to my cauldron, Crying spells, Dabi, please, And I help them, Yes, I do." As Dabi sang as Keigo and Izuku slowly swam through the entrance. "Now it's happened once or twice, someone couldn't pay the price. And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em across the coals. Yes, I've had the odd complaint, But on the whole I've been a saint, To those poor unfortunate souls."

Dabi wrapped his arm around Shoto's shoulders and led him towards his cauldron.

"I will make you a potion that will turn you into a human for three days. Got that? Three days. Now, listen, this is important." Dabi said and grabbed Shoto's chin and made him look into the cauldron, as a silhouette of him. "Before the sun sets on the third day, you've got to get dear old princess to fall in love with you. That is, she's got to kiss you. Not just any kiss, the kiss of true love. If she does kiss you before the sun sets on the third day, you'll remain human permanently. But if she doesn't, you'll turn back into a merman, and you belong to me!"

"No, Shoto!" Keigo yelled but Toga and Twice wrapped around him and Izuku, to keep them silent.

"Have we got a deal?" Dabi asked.

"If I become human, I'll never be with my brothers or sisters again."

"That's right!" Dabi exclaimed and crossed his arms. "But, you'll have your girl. Life's full of tough choices, isn't it? Oh! And there is one more thing. We haven't discussed the subject of payment. You can't get something for nothing, you know."