Chapter 4

"Shoto, dear, time to come out." Fuyumi, the oldest, yelled into Shoto's room. "You've been in there all morning."

Shoto pushed open his door and hummed as he sat on his chair with a mirror.

"What is with him lately?" Fuyuhiro asked as Shoto grabbed a flower next to his mirror and swam backwards when he bumped into his father.

"Oh. Morning, Dad." Shoto chuckled with a small smile and continued down the hall.

"Umm." Enji's jaw dropped and he turned to his other children. "What did you guys do?"

"Oh, he's got it bad." Kaki said.

"What? What has he got?" Enji asked.

"Isn't it obvious, Dad? Shoto's in love." Alinta explained and sighed dreamily.

"Shoto? In love?"

~

"Okay. So far, so good." Keigo paced back and forth as petals fell around him. "I don't think the king knows. But it will not be easy keeping something like this secret for long."

As the crab paced, Shoto sat on a rock with a dreamy grin on his face and a flower in his hands as he plucked the petals.

"She loves me. Mmm. She loves me not." Shoto said and he noticed he was on the last petal. "She loves me! I knew it!"

"Shoto, stop talking crazy!" Keigo exclaimed.

"I gotta see her again tonight." Shoto said and looked up at the ocean surface. "Denki knows where she lives."

"Shoto, please!" Keigo begged and grabbed the merman's tail fin. "Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?"

(Play Song)

"I'll swim up to her castle, then Izuku will splash around to get her attention. And then we'll go-"

"Down here is your home!" Keigo yelled and he swam in front of the boy. "Shoto, listen to me. The human world, it's a mess. Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there."

Shoto looked at him and sat back on the rock he was on.

"The seaweed is always greener. In somebody else's lake, you dream about going up there. But that is a big mistake. Just look at the world around you right here on the ocean floor. Such wonderful things surround you. What more is you looking for?" Keigo asked as a school of fish swam around Shoto and he twirled around with them.

"Under the sea, Under the sea." Keigo sang. "Darling, it's better down where it's wetter, Take it from me. Up on the shore they work all day, Out in the sun they slave away, While we devoting full time to floating under the sea."

A lobster played on clams to make a drum play.

"Down here all the fish happy,"

"As off through the waves they roll, yeah."

"The fish on the land ain't happy."

"They sad because they in their bowl. But fish in the bowl is lucky, They in for a worser fate. One day when the boss gets hungry." Keigo sang as he popped a bubble where a fish was in.

"Guess who's gonna be on the plate." The fish sang.

"Oh, no! Under the sea, Under the sea. Nobody beats us, fry us and eat us, In fricassee." Keigo sang as seahorses swam around Shoto playfully. "We what the land folks loves to cook, Under the sea we off the hook, We got no troubles, Life is the bubbles, Under the sea."