You Belong With Me

***********************************************************************

You Belong With Me

"I can't be with you."

***********************************************************************

gif banner by killiths

*** This is the story of how a spider loved a wallflower so much, he crawled onto the wall to be with her, then he pulled her off the wall with him, and encouraged her to grow. ***

SUPERHEROES SHOULD NEVER FALL IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER. Merliah Summers was prone to shyness and socially awkward. She was always hanging out with her pet dalmatian instead of other human beings and always walking through her school's halls as a loner, a simple nobody. Most kids at her school likely didn't even know her name.

Now sixteen, Merliah and her single mother move houses, right next door to the Parkers. Merliah instantly develops a huge crush on the Parker's nephew, Peter Parker. A major part of Merliah's life starts to revolve around the cute teenager who has completely stolen her heart, so much so, that she doesn't hesitate to follow Peter when he sneaks into Oscorp. Although, this turns into a bad decision on her part when she accidentally runs into Curtis Connors, her biological father who divorced her mother back when she was only a little girl.

Forced to remain hidden from him, she accidentally gets stuck in a prototype machine that ends up giving her powers. With her newfound abilities of creating force fields and super strength and stamina, Merliah becomes the superhero known as Midnight. Unknown to her, Peter also gains superhuman abilities and becomes Spider-Man.

It takes a while for the two superheroes to finally meet, only knowing about the other superhero's existence from watching the news, but when they finally do meet, sparks fly...at least in Peter's case. Merliah, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with Spider-Man unless it's strictly professional. She's only interested in working with Spider-Man if it's to help stop the Lizard. But in a world of villains and superpowers, secret identities are bound to be revealed eventually, and when they do...drama will ensue, and things will only get more heated.

*******************************************

"com-comparison is killin' me slowly
i think i think too much
'bout kids who don't know me
i'm so sick of myself
i'd rather be, rather be
anyone, anyone else"

*******************************************

cast!