viii. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘴

THE DELIVERY OWLS

— ( chapter seven

( chapter seven. )

          Aurora didn't have a very clear idea of how she had managed to get back into Hogwarts alone, not with her anger branching furiously. She could give a rat's arse that the minister seemed to think she had 'childhood trauma' that had turned her into an 'angry young woman'. Storming from the pub had only proved his point, but she didn't care.

         Why had nobody ever told her? No one had thought to mention that she had a step-father. Lupin hadn't thought it was impertinent to mention that he had married her father.

          Storming around the castle on her own before dinner wasn't likely to subside her anger. Wandering the third floor corridor aimlessly, Aurora looked out of one of the many windows.

          "Aurora? I thought you were in Hogsmeade today?"

          Of course she had wandered past Lupin's office. The Professor hadn't expected the exceedingly cold glare he had gotten from the angry girl.

          "Is — are you alright, Aurora?" said Lupin, his brow furrowed.

He was only slightly intimidated.

          "I've just been in the Three Broomsticks." said Aurora. "Were you ever planning on telling me?"

          Lupin just looked at her, clearly confused. What had Madam Rosmerta been saying about him?

          "Sorry. I forgot it was common practice to forget to mention your own marriage to my father." said Aurora sharply.

          Lupin seemed to sag slight, giving a gentle "Ah." before looking up and down the corridor.

          "Come in, I'll make you some tea." said Remus gently, opening the door to his office wider.

          "No! I don't want tea!"

          "Aurora."

          His voice wasn't harsh, but it held a fatherly kind of firmness that caught Aurora off-guard. Slightly shocked, she shuffled past Lupin into the room, defeated.

          "Sit."

          He set to work making tea, and in no time, there was a cup set in front of Aurora, soft grey curves of steam rising up from it.