iii. 𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘬𝘦𝘺

PORTKEY

— ( chapter three

( chapter three. )

         Aurora felt as though she had barely lain down to sleep in Ginny's room when she was being shaken awake by Mrs. Weasley.

         "Time to go, Aurora, dear," she whispered, moving away to wake Ginny and Hermione.

         Aurora felt around for her glasses (yes, she actually remembered to bring them this time, are you proud?), put them on, and sat up. It was still dark outside. Ginny muttered indistinctly as her mother roused her. At the foot of Aurora's mattress she saw two large, disheveled shapes emerging from tangles of blankets.

         "'S time already?" said Hermione groggily.

         They dressed in silence, too sleepy to talk. The had originally joked about coordinating their outfits out of pure boredom but they soon realised that their clothes were wildly different and that possibility was impossible. Instead Hermione resorted to a pale pink shirt, a pair of old jeans and a denim jacket. Ginny wore an old orange t-shirt that matched her hair well, a pair of even older jeans and a grey jacket. Aurora wore a dark green tartan skirt with a butterfly broach on the waistband and a pair of sheer tights underneath, a black turtleneck tucked in at the waist, and a dark green knitted cardigan.

         Finally, yawning and stretching, the three of them headed downstairs into the kitchen.

         Mrs. Weasley was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, while Mr. Weasley was sitting at the table, checking a sheaf of large parchment tickets. He looked up as the girls entered and grinned at their obviously disheveled state from their early rising that morning. He was wearing what appeared to be a golfing sweater and a very old pair of jeans, slightly too big for him and held up with a thick leather belt.

         "Morning, ladies." Mr Weasley said brightly. "Everyone up and lively — now, Ginny if your mother had seen that — "

         "Seen what?" asked Mrs Weasley, smiling.

         "Nothing." said Ginny quickly, slipping into a chair at the table.

         At that moment, Harry, Ron, Atlas, Fred, and George all stumbled groggily down the stairs.

         "Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" said George, failing to stifle a huge yawn.

         "Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" said Mrs. Weasley, heaving the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

         Aurora knew that Apparating meant disappearing from one place and reappearing almost instantly in another, but had never known any Hogwarts student to do it, and understood that it was very difficult.