This is Normal (Chapter 3)

We kept on walking towards the apartments, but the peaceful nature of the walk was all but there. Well, as peaceful a walk could have been when you could be extinguished at the moving of a hand, or due to how slow or fast you walking.

Soon, a sign on top of a building reading: "Oakland Apartments" was in view. The sign was wooden with the name of place spelled out in a dull light grey font. The sign had a metal border, and as I got closer I could see some specks of rust on it. The building itself was about three stories tall and had the dullest shade green I've ever seen painted on it. Some patches were more yellow, and or the paint was so thin in I could see the dots of brick red. The doors were also wood with the sign's metal border style. Except it looked like a it was a different metal kind of and I only found one spot of rust.

Then, my glow began to lessen, and Leafy noticed as she took a look at me.

" Are you okay?" She asked.
"I'm good." I said as the words "Look at us! We are being oppressed..." still rang in my ears.

Before I knew it we were inside the building. She then offered to help me with my suitcases saying "Those suitcases of yours look heavy"
"Your cold and wet from the rain you should go take care of yourself." I responded. "Besides you might catch a cold!"

She giggled to herself. She then seemed to look like she had reason to be upset, and she depressingly headed for the stairs. I headed towards a small wooden desk; upon closer inspection seemed to have cracks on it's face. Standing behind it was a needle.

"Name?" She said.
"Firey."
"Purpose?"
"Living."
"ID?"
  I handed her my ID which by law I had to have on me out in public, when signing contracts, when visiting others, basically when I wasn't in my living space.
"Ah." She said before telling me: "Fill this out, and then you go to G02." She then handed me a pen and paper.

"I see you entered with Leafy." She said.
"What about it." I replied.
"She always trying to help." She continued "One day she's going to get herself injured or into trouble or something." She then shifted into a more caring tone. "I worry about her. I almost always see her pulling this kind stuff when people come in during my shift." She said.

I finished filling out the paper and she handed me the keys to what was it? G02?

  "Where is G02?" I asked.

  "Up the stairs on the second floor and down the hall." The needle said.

I walked towards my new apartment. You know when Prof. Golfball told the were going to provide a small apartment that was lie. Small was a understatement. I had just enough room to walk a full oval in five, no two seconds. Sure, my parents' house wasn't exactly that large, but there was enough space for all five of us to have breathing room. I can't complain though; the empire must need to take care of besides some dude. This place is livable enough.

The bathroom was a cramped horror-show of bad smells and a disgusting toilet. Good thing my body just burns up my waste. The walls of the place were dull grey with thin spots. There was only a DULL desk that was my width paired with a DULL metal stool, and a bed that I wasn't sure I'd fit. The bed had a worn blue cotton blanket that had a bunch of patches. It had a red patch with white stars on it, two plain green patches, and four brown and beige striped patches. Many of them were to small or lacked the stiches to completely cover the holes. There was a pillow with 2 of the starry red patches on the side that was closest to the other side of the room.