T H R E E

CHAPTER THREE,
Enzo.

CHAPTER THREE,Enzo

"LOVE YOU TOO."

James smiled slightly as a beep sounded throughout the phone, indicating that the call was over.

He felt at ease now that he knew the race was over and Tristen was okay.

After the last race he had trouble coming to terms with the fact that even though she almost lost her life she wasn't going to stop racing.

James wished he could have seen it her way, but he couldn't. He fell into a dark place while she was in the hospital. Countless nights were spent crying just at the thought of loosing her.

Being the person who had to pull her out of the car made it even harder.

Shaking himself of his depressing thoughs James waited another ten minutes before starting on the coffee, knowing that it was only a fifteen minute drive from here to tonight's racing location.

It only took another thirty minutes before he finally started to worry. What was taking them so long?

Quickly coming to the conclusion that they got stuck in traffic he brushed off the bad feeling that started to build up in his chest and started to watch a old rerun of Cops.

One hour later the bad feeling became to much to ignore. They never stayed out to late after a race, especially when Tristen knew coffee was waiting on her.

Quickly James pulled out his phone and called Peter. When the call went to voicemail he immediately knew something was up.

Peter never missed a phone call. Ever.

"What the hell." The blonde muttered to himself before a noise was heard at the front door and he felt his shoulders drop in relief.

"Guys what the fuck took so long? You scared the-" pushing the front door open James furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

No one was there, not even the car.

A small whine was heard and he looked down to see Enzo staring right back up at him.

That's when he knew something was really, really wrong.

Tristen and Enzo were constantly attached at the hip. She would never in a million years let Enzo out of her sight, especially at a race where people were everywhere.

"Come on boy." James said as he opened the door wider, but Enzo wouldn't budge.

Barking, Enzo turned around and took off only to turn back around when he realized James wasn't following.