F I V E

CHAPTER FIVE,
The Call.

"SO UH, THIS IS THE PLACE

"SO UH, THIS IS THE PLACE." James said nervously as he held the door open for the agents. Never in his life did he ever think he would willingly invite the FBI into his home, but here he is. Letting them in and relying on them to save his friends life's.

"Well." Emily started as she pinched the corner of a pizza box and pulled it up only to come face to face with some rotted food before dropping the lid again. "It sure is something."

"Is that your gaming section?" Penelope asked excitedly, her eyes trained on the set up in the corner.

Hotch had let her come along on this mission as she knew some of the victims and could potentially find a clue.

"Oh yeah." James nodded as he followed her eyes. "You can use the computer for your FBI stuff if you want."

"I would but I brought my baby with me." Penelope says as she lightly taps the computer bag hanging from her hip.

"Still run it real quick." Hotch said as his eyes danced around the room. "There could be something."

James's eyes grew wide. "Can I clear the search history first?"

All eyes slowly turned to him and he quickly tried to defend himself. "I mean it's not like I do anything bad, it's not my computer. Well it is my computer but it's not my porn that's all Peter and Billy I swear-"

"Kid." Derek cut him off with an amused smile. "I'm sure Penelope won't tell us about what kind of porn you watch. Don't stress it."

"But I don't watch po-"

"Well." Spencer said as he walked back into the living room, not knowing he had just saved James from the very awkward conversation. No one even noticed Spencer had slipped the room. "I checked over the bedrooms, I didn't see anything strange other than typical teenage stuff that I never understood like weed and an overload of condoms."

"Also not mine." James quickly interjected causing Emily to snort and throw him a knowing look.

There was very little you could hide from an FBI profiler.

"Nothing in the girls room?" Derek asked curiously. "It seemed like she was the target from what we were told. I mean he waits for her to heal before snatching her at the race."

Everyone thinks for a moment before Hotch speaks up.

"Because this was never about her. It's about the race. All of it. And when they snatched her the boys were just collateral damage, not the main target."

"That means we don't have long." Rossi sighed, not looking at James who's face fell at his words. "They don't want them they want her, there is no reason for them to keep those boys alive."

"I'd say it's a group of about three or four, it would be very hard to take on a group of teenage boys with only one or two people." Emily said as she looked up in thought.

"James, I know this is the kind of information that you typically wouldn't tell an FBI Agent but in order to save your friends we need to know." Spencer said calmly causing James to nod warily. "Were you guys into any gang related activity's? Or witnessed any?"

"What?" James asked in shock. "No. We may be uneducated street kids but we're not stupid. This isn't New York either."

"It was just a question." Hotch sighed, it was clear to everyone he was very tired.   "Let's keep looking around, we might find something. Then we will head down to the crime scene. Either way this could still be a targeted group attack so keep James in eyesight."

James looked down at Enzo and shook his head tiredly, none of this felt real.

After about an hour or two of the group checking the house from head to toe and finding nothing but playboy magazines and lost lipsticks they decided to head down to the scene, but just as they were about to walk out the door the sound of a phone ringing stopped them.

"Shit, that's me." James said, reaching into his pocket he pulled out his phone, reading the name only to stare at it for a moment confused before looking back up at the group.

"What is it?" JJ asked in concern as she noticed the look on the boys face.

He glanced back down at the phone once more before switching it around to show them.

"It's Stu."