F O U R

CHAPTER FOUR,
Not Her.

"PENELOPE, CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY YOU CALLED US ALL HERE AT FOUR IN THE MORING WITH NO EXPLANATION?" Emily Prentiss sighed in frustration as she took her seat next to Spencer at the round table

They had just got back from a case in Nebraska a few hours ago and none of them were the happiest campers after being woken up from their much needed sleep.

"Look guys I'm sorry for waking you up and I know tomorrow was supposed to be your day off, but this is very important." Penelope rambled as she paced back and forth in front of her now concerned teammates.

"Calm down mama, what's going on?" Derek asked after he noticed the distress on his friends face.

"He'll be here in a second to explain everything." Penelope mumbled causing the teams confusion to grow.

Who was he?

"I'm assuming you are referring to me?"  A voice spoke up from the door causing the team to snap their heads over to him in alarm. "Hi." James breathed out before looking at Penelope. "You're Penelope right?"

"Yeah." Penelope said with a small smile before walking over and pulling the boy into a quick hug.

The others shared a look. Out of all the things they expected Penelope to tell them they sure as hell didn't expect her to bring in some random kid who looked like he hadn't slept in a week.

"Uh, who's the kid?" Rossi asked as he tilted his head at them in confusion.

"Oh right." Penelope said before motioning to the team. "Guys this is James. We met on a online game a couple years ago, I play with him and his friend Stu sometimes."

"Nice, but why is he here?" Hotch asked, clearly cranky from being woken up so early.

"Look, I'm sorry for being the reason you all had to get up so early but I need your help. Trust me, I would never step into a government building unless it was serious." James said causing Emily and JJ to share a amused look.

James didn't wait for a reply before he continued. "The cops where I live refused to help and I remembered Penelope told me she worked for the FBI so she was really my only hope."

"And the dog?" Derek asked with a raised eyebrow as he glanced down at the Golden Retriever standing protectively at the teenagers feet.

"He's in emotional distress." James shrugged causally.

"And it appears you are as well." Penelope said before grabbing his shoulder and leading him over to a chair so he could sit down. "You need to tell us what happened."