t w o

.・゜゜・・゜゜・..・゜゜・・゜゜・..・゜゜・

August 25th

Journal Prompt 2- First day of Junior year in a different state! What would you say to your younger self if you could talk to her?

I would tell her that things are going to be okay, and even though she may feel sad and empty...she's going to make it. I would tell her to take it easy on herself, stop trying so hard to fit in because she's already perfect in her own way.

☼☼☼

Tongue Tied - Grouplove

Y/N

I rolled out of bed and shuffled my feet across the cold wooden floor. I opened my closet where I hung my clothes for the day, I figured it was my first day in a new school so I might as well look decent.

I pulled out my black skinny jeans, a ribbed olive green tank top that was cropped but not too short, a black jean jacket so I don't get yelled at for having shoulders, and my black vans. I did light makeup and styled my hair, and then grabbed my black and gold leather backpack and walked out of the room.

Mikasa was already awake and eating a bowl of cereal while scrolling through her phone. She noticed me walking down the hallway and her face lit up, "good morning! Armin will be here soon and then we can leave!"

"Good morning, and that sounds great." I yawned in the middle of my sentence. She pushed the box of cereal towards me, "want some?"

I shook my head, "no thanks. I'm not really that hungry in the mornings." She got up and pulled out a granola bar from the cabinet and tossed it at me, "you need to eat something, so at least have something small."

I caught the bar and put it in my backpack, "I will when we get to school." She side eyed me, "I already have to take care of one friend, don't make me add you to the list."

I wondered who the other friend was for a split second, and figured it was Connie. I felt myself smile when she called me her friend, I know we just met but after not having friends for a long time-life gets kinda lonely.

Armin knocked on the door and then walked into the apartment, "good morning! Are we ready to go?" he looked around at the two of us. Mikasa stood up and put her bowl in the sink, "yeah let me just grab my backpack."

She grabbed her backpack and walked back over to the two of us, "excited y/n?"

"I'm tired." I jokingly closed my eyes and smiled, "but yeah I'm excited." She softly smiled back, "good! Let's get going."

-

The campus was insanely huge, and the one building looked like a castle. There were many different buildings, I'm not exactly sure for what yet but I'm assuming different classes. They were all that brown red brick style.

They showed me around campus and took me to the main building where I'd be meeting with one of the staff that works there.

It wasn't too long, maybe about a half hour. They looked at my transfer papers and made sure there was no issues with the process and with student loans/financial aid, along with the classes I signed up for. "Oh wait, Miss l/n?"

I turned back around before walking out, "yeah?"

"So it looks like there was a mix up, the art class you chose was full. Here's a list of electives than you can choose from." She pulled out a sheet of paper and set it in front of me on her desk.