s i x

September 2022

Journal Prompt #6 - Lets do some self discovery today. What are some ways you can expand your comfort zone? Are you afraid of anything right now?

●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Y/N

"Expand my comfort zone? What am I afraid of? What the hell is she talking about?" I whispered to myself as I rolled onto my back. I thought really hard for some time, normally these are easy for me to answer but this one stumped me.

I locked my phone and set it down, my arm rested above my head on my pillow. I looked up at the ceiling and then out the window, it looked like a beautiful afternoon. Everyone was still at school, so I was all alone.

I looked around and sat up sitting crisscross on my bed, I rubbed my face and looked at my phone again to check the time.

'12:13pm'

I also had a group message that was started and already blowing up, I opened it up and began to read.

Connie
Jaeger your turn to throw a party!!

Sasha
Oooo yes! Then y/n can see your house!

Eren
Jean literally just threw one last weekend?

Connie
So?
Just throw one
Aren't your parents going out of town?

Jean
Scared it'll be lame Eren?

Eren
🤨
No you loser. Sasha and Connie were trashed one weekend, pretty sure y/n doesn't wanna miss another party taking care of people.

Sasha
WE'LL BE GOOD I SWEAR!
YOU KNOW EVERYONE LOVES YOUR PARTIES
PLEASE REN!!

Mikasa
She's not wrong Eren😬

Eren
K.
I'm leaving it up to y/n.

Connie
There goes the party...

Armin
Be nice☺️
You never know.

Why is Eren asking me to make the decision?! I sighed and threw my phone across the bed, I didn't even want to think about a party right now. I walked over to our bathroom so I could brush my teeth and wash my face.

I shuffled over to the kitchen and pulled out eggs and sausage links, "hey Alexa. Turn on speakers and play Spotify." She responded a few seconds later and the music began to play.

"Ok! Now playing 'Need To Know by Doja Cat'."

I began to crack the eggs and get my breakfast ready for me to eat. I was starving for the first time in days, anything and everything sounded great to me in this moment.

I put some toast in the toaster, and a little bit of butter in the frying pan while I whisked away at the eggs and sang at the top of my lungs. I used the spatula as my microphone, which probably wasn't the most sanitary but it didn't touch my mouth. So.

I wasn't exactly sure how to cook sausage links the correct way, I turned the box over and read the directions while I let my eggs slowly cook.

It only took about 10-15 minutes to get my mini breakfast ready. I sat down and just continued to sing along with the music and enjoy some peace and quiet alone. It also gave me time to decide on wether or not I want Eren to throw a party, and how to respond to my therapist.