Prologue

*A little heads up, Marinette is not the guardian (Master Fu is and he is not memory wiped. He is still in charge of the miracle box).

* anything that is in italics is your thoughts 

* [][][][][] - this thing is kinda like a new point of view or time skip 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Time is an illusion." - Albert Einstein

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes you never know what you have until it's been ripped from your grasp, or until you leave that your heart longs to love them. Time is something people take for granted. The temporary feeling was never enough for you, instead, you were left with emptiness. That was how you felt when you saw your own father die in your own arms. Anger. Fury. Sadness. Hopelessness. Emptiness. Time could be beautiful and make you appreciate the little things. Time could also be stressful, give you a million butterflies in your stomach. Time can take someone's life in a matter of seconds. It was never enough and will never be.

[][][][][]

You stare intently as Paris passes by in blurs, your face pressed against the window of the taxicab, hoping to catch a glimpse of the city of love. The road, dimly lit with street lamps, and the dark, muted sky reflected your mood perfectly.

Great now the city of love is mocking me because is this the worst time to arrive in Paris (for god's sake) or what. Dad would love this though.

Sighing you continuously tap your foot, gaining the attention of your mother which she knew you did when you were anxious.

"Honey, you good there. What's with your constant foot-tapping business" Mom says.

"Huh, What I'm fine, what are you talking about" you reply to your mother only to continue after the 'you know what' look she gives you.

"It's ..... it's just hard, you know with dad and stuff".

You ended with bad terms. The world clearly hated you because the day you were going to apologise was the day when he disappeared. Stupid time. You inwardly curse.

"I just miss him a lot. Our movie nights on Fridays, how he tried to give me advice on boys and the drama at school. Everything is just weird without him." You laugh dejectedly.

Your mom spaced out, thinking about what you had just said. You could tell she was just as hurt as you were, maybe even more, but you knew she was the type of person to keep a strong front. You admired her strength, sure she was quite stubborn at times but she always had good intentions.

"Yeah, I miss him too, a lot. But he wouldn't like us being all mopey now would he."

You chuckled at your mother's antics. "You're too much mom, you know that. Embarrassing but fun nonetheless"

"You're right about that. I was put on this earth to embarrass you" Your mother cackled. wholeheartedly. It was one of those contagious laughs that made everyone want to join in. You soon joined in too, your own giggles escaping your lips, well aware that you laughing added to your mother's huge ego, despite your pleading. The taxicab driver (who was not so subtly listening to your conversation) then cracks up too, distracting himself for a few seconds.

The joyous giggles filling the car then slowly start to fade. You look out the window and you were pretty sure your eyes bulged out of their sockets at what you saw. Standing in the middle of the road, was an old man, and no matter how hard you tried to rub your eyes to make sure you weren't dreaming you knew it was real. Oh No.

"STOP" You yell as loud as you can, startling both your mother and the taxicab driver who presses the breaks in surprise. You then proceed to unbuckle your seatbelt and hastily get out of the car to make sure the man wasn't injured in any possible way.

I am SO NOT going to spend the rest of my life in prison. But technically it was the guy's fault. What if he frames us, then he might --. Y/n!

You race towards the man on the ground, his cane sprawled out on the sidewalk. Thankfully he didn't appear to be hurt.

"Are you okay sir? Do you need to go to the hospital? We can take you if you like. We are so sorry about this. We were laughing too hard and I know that isn't an excuse but -" You quickly blurt out only for the old man to cut off your rambling.

"Hahaha. Don't worry about me. I am fine, I should've looked where I was going. Silly me. Thank you though young lady, you are very kind" He replies in a calming tone. Upon close inspection, he wore a red Hawaiian printed shirt with tan shorts.

"You're welcome, but it's very cold outside. Would you like my jacket?" You didn't know how on earth he was just casually out in the freezing cold with nothing but a shirt and shorts to cover him.

Ok, so I'm still freezing even though I'm wearing a jacket. How is this man out about with practically NO coverage?

"You're a very kind young lady but I am alright. Thank you for your concern though. I think you must be going, your mother is waiting for you" The man says.

Wow, this mans giving me very mysterious vibes over here. I mean he could be undercover for a secret spy thing. Yeah, right Y/n, he's like 80.

You look back to your mom and the driver who were both awestruck and complied, not before asking him 'are you sure you're alright' one more time before heading to the taxi.

The taxi then drives into the night and you watch as the man stares off at the small vehicle from your window. Unbeknownst to you, the old man would soon change your life. You couldn't help but think that you changed his too.

~~~

Master Fu smiled to himself. He had a feeling you would be quite the catch. "She's the one, I can feel it."

........

Ok, so I was going to write a lot more stuff but I kinda got caught up in the moment ---- but DON'T worry. Hopefully, it will be more entertaining next chapter, not to mention we will get a little Adrien action. Please tell me if you prefer longer or shorter chapters. I really don't know what people like these days. Also if I keep on changing tenses please tell me cause I feel like I'm switching which is not cute. Hahaha

Anyways, Thank you so much for checking out this book, even reading this. It means the world to me that someone out there smiled because of it.

Until next time.

destin_entrelace

<3