Chapter 2: Rainy Days & Rainbow Umbrellas

* Ladybug's nightmare when Sandboy hits her is not her losing her powers, its something else [you'll see ;)]

* I put the day and times so you know if it's the same day when I'm talking about other characters. (I know this doesn't make sense but .....)

*Y/nn means your nickname

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thy fate is the common fate of all; Into each life some rain must fall." – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8:00 am Monday -

Adrien was worried. No wait, that was an understatement. He was utterly anxious and distressed. He hadn't slept for days although his body begged him to rest, and his mindset was all over the place, the endless thoughts he had at night about her didn't help. No amount of makeup could be close to covering the dark circles under his eyes. Adrien was somehow (by some miracle) on top of all his schoolwork, modelling, fencing, Chinese and piano lessons but the usual warmth in his eyes was nothing but empty voids.

~~~

"Plagg," Adrien called out to his little friend while packing his school bag and making his way out the door, not before addressing his father's cold glare. "Do you know what's wrong with Ladybug? I mean she was pretty out of it when Sandboy attacked then disappeared for a while and I just -"

"Woah, calm down buddy. I'm sure she's fine. I mean the two of you plus the others defeated all the villains on Heroes Day. She's fine." Plagg replies back to Adrien, expecting nothing less of the behaviour he's been having. The kid never seemed to stop worrying about the bug even after the countless rejections he's been getting from her lately.

"She looked so terrified though. I saw it in her eyes. I just can't believe she thinks that one day everyone will hate her because she let Paris down. She's Ladybug, nobody could." Adrien sighs and runs a hand through his blonde locks. It cut deep when he saw the look on her face, and even deeper at the fact that she thought poorly of herself. You couldn't blame him though; he loves her with all his heart to the point where he would do anything for her.

During Sandboy:

Dodging the multiple attacks from Sandboy, Cat Noir looks to his partner who was calling out her superpower.

"Lucky Charm!" Ladybug yells, which distracts her enough for Sandboy to hit her with a blast.

"Nooo! My Lady" Cat Noir glares at the villain, attacking him full on to the point Sandboy decides to cause mayhem somewhere else, despite Hawkmoth's pleas.

Cat Noir glides across the rooftops to find her hugging her knees as she buries her face into her hands, surrounded by a crowd all yelling at her. His heart completely drops at what they say to her; "Your not worthy of this" "Why aren't you good enough" "Hurry up and defeat the villain" "She's not ladybug, she's a loser" "Who even chose you for this job, they made a mistake"

'Is this her nightmare, letting everyone down?' He thinks to himself, pushing past the hundreds of people screaming insults. He knelt down next to her and gently touched her arm. Ladybug flinches.

"Go Away" Before Cat Noir tries to get a word in she screams again. "GO, I can handle this. Find the Akuma."

He leaves, his eyes searching her tear-streaked face one more time before jumping into the night.

Shaking the rampant thoughts out of his head he thanks Natalie and his bodyguard, stepping out of the limousine. He heads to where his best friend was waiting for him, greeting him.