Chapter 5 - Nothing at All

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nothingness not being nothing, nothingness being emptiness." - Isabelle Adjani

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's sorry. That's it? Sorry!?

Adrien walks down the street, his hair wet and plastered against his forehead, covering what was left of his emerald eyes. He seemed to be doing this a lot. Walking in the rain. He liked to think that the wind and steady trickle helped him think but he knew he was wrong. It reminded him of the times with his mother.

There was no doubt in his mind that he loved her but a part of him felt bitter. She disappeared. She left him. And although it was not her fault he couldn't help but feel betrayed. It seemed ironic to him, that he was feeling the same thing he did back then, just under different circumstances.

The blonde sighs, tears trailing down his cheeks as he sits on a bench. He had come back from Master Fu's apartment and was trying to calm his thoughts but it was no use.

He didn't know anything at all anymore. He thought he knew everything about Ladybug, except for her identity and the boy she loved (who probably liked her back). For god sake, he was her best friend (even though he hoped for more). He loved her, he still does and she leaves just like that. And it made him angrier that he had to hear it from Master Fu and not Ladybug herself.

"Plagg. Do you mind if I go out as Cat Noir for a bit?" Adrien mumbles, his voice cracking. He needed an escape from this torture.

"Sure kid." The cat kwami replies. He knew how much his owner was hurting and he didn't want to admit it but it hurt him to see the blonde like this.

Adrien shoots him a grateful smile before saying his catchphrase with a sombre look.

"Plagg Claws Out,"

His soaked through clothes are replaced with black leather and the boy immediately exhales. He always felt free when he was his alter ego, especially when he was gliding across the rooftops with the love of his life.

Ladybug.

She always had these beautiful bluebell eyes that would draw him in. He admired her strength and courage, how she always stood tall. But the reality was that he never knew her, at least not how he thought he did.

I don't know who you are anymore.

The longer he thought, the harder it was for him to breathe. His heart was empty and he knew it would never be the same unless he was with her.

You said I was irreplaceable, the same goes for you. But now ...... you're replaced. Just like that.

The blonde stands on a rooftop, his tears falling until he can't stop them. Things would never be the same again.

The green-eyed cat extends his fist and plunges it into the wall in front of him, fury and rage circling his eyes. He hated everything. How everyone he loved left him. How he was always left in the dark. But, nothing could compare to the seething anger he felt when he saw your face. And how everyone accepted you just like that, forgetting that there once was a bluebell eyed girl who protected them.

You could never replace her.

Never.

"Never!" Cat Noir screams, punching the wall in front of him, his fist relentlessly cracking over and over again at the force. He didn't stop, hoping that the pain could override the feeling of heartbreak until he felt nothing at all.