Chapter 4: An Unfamiliar Face

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When someone leaves, it's because someone else is about to arrive." - Paulo Coelho

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first, neither of you dared to move or break the silence, so you just laid on top of him, eyes wide and mouth parted open, centimetres away from his face. He furrowed his eyebrows and scrunched his nose (which was cute not gonna lie) before screaming, startling you just enough for you to let out a shriek of your own, rolling off him.

"ARGHHHHHHH! WHO THE HECK ARE YOU!" Cat Noir yells bouncing off the floor to stand on solid ground, defensively grasping his baton in front of him.

"WHO THE HECK IS ME? WHO THE HECK ARE YOU!" You shout back at him before trailing off, an embarrassed expression surfacing your face as you look down to your feet.

Why are you asking that of all questions? You know who he is. What is actually wrong with you?

The yelling match between the two of you, however, abruptly stops when you trip over your yoyo, wrapping you up in the process.

Can this get any better?

Grumbling, you inwardly curse while untangling yourself from the stupid yoyo which seemed to cause most of your problems these days. You look up to see Chameleon, still in their little boy form, attempting to land a kiss on Cat Noir but to no avail.

You stand up yoyo free, distracting the blonde kitty momentarily which earned him a kick to the face.

Running towards the pair, you tackle Quentin, dodging the multiple smooches he tries to give you.

Your body jerks back at a sudden force and you notice black claws gripping your hand tightly.

"Who are you? You're not Ladybug!" Cat Noir harshly accuses, shoving you against a wall and trapping you with his arms.

"Watch out!" You pull him down to avoid Chameleon's blow, before looking around violently, hoping to spot him.

Are you serious? Again? Why do you have to keep vanishing Chameleon?

You anchor your yoyo to a building nearby and leap from one to another, stopping at a rooftop overlooking the park.

Scanning the crowd below, you perch atop a balcony (while praying that no one's home), turning around at the sudden thud behind you.

Oh, God. If I turn around and it's that shapeshifter person I am screwed.

You slowly stand up, raising your hands in the air before landing a hard kick to who you assumed was Chameleon behind you.

"Oww! What was that for!" Cat Noir whines rubbing his abdomen while scowling at you from the floor.

"Oh My Gosh. I am so sorry I really didn't mean it. I thought you were Chameleon," You hold your arm out kindly, gesturing for him to take it but instead he brushes it away.

"Look I don't know if you know this but the real Ladybug has blue hair. (A/n: Sorry if you have blue hair.) I mean if you wanted to cosplay her right at least get that part down." The blonde cat sighs before pointing his baton at you.

"What, I'm not cosplaying her! I have a miraculous." You retort back sassily, flabbergasted at the words leaving his mouth.

Cosplaying? Seriously? This boy is about to meet my fist if he doesn't shut up!

"Stop lying! You're not the real Ladybug." He's yelling now, his once kind green eyes flowing with anger.

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about, but I am Ladybug!" You scream back at him just as loud, stepping forward to close the gap between the two of you while glaring at him through your lashes. You clench your fist, tightly, standing your ground.