All is fair in love and war

Xiaojun was a 6th year medical student and since many of the 7th year students and doctors that had been sent to the frontlines had died, xiaojun's 6th year class was sent his father had already died in the war so his mother was reluctant to let him go however the palace guards didn't really give her a choice. Xiaojun's younger brother yangyang was in tears he was only 12 years old so he couldn't do anything for his brother but xiaojun put him at ease as one of the soldiers happened to be his friend hendery who promised his family he would protect xiaojun.

Xiaojun POV
I couldn't believe I was going into the war, as I doctor I took an oath to do no harm but what if I had to kill someone. Hendery noticed I was shaking and put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. Don't worry jun I'll protect you he said. We went into the jeep that was supposed to transport us and when we reached the first aid point I was shocked there were no doctors in sight while my classmates staggered I rushed to the soldiers who needed the most help the tent was full all the beds were filled up and some soldiers were on the floor I was shocked when I reached to some of them they were already dead. I couldn't move all these men would die if I didn't plan this carefully. I took control and split the medical group in teams some would tend to the dead some would tend to the slightly injured and some along with myself would tend to those who were badly injured. The medical point was now well arranged and we were treating patients rapidly with barely any casualties everyone's sprites were lifted but then a loud crash was heard. I didn't have enough time to register what was going on till hendery jumped over me shielding me from the explosion. The rest of the medical students all died at impact hendery took me back to the jeep and the other soldiers got in as we withdrew. We reached a bigger medical point where the other soldiers were getting checked I was shocked but hendery treating my wounds snapped me out. I started crying and hendery couldn't do anything but put stitches on my open wounds I then realised that he was injured as well so I treated his wounds he had gotten a huge scar on his back because he saved me. I steeled myself hendery risked his life for me I couldn't just cry and cower in fear. Hendery and the others went back out and I noticed that this tent had more doctors but most beds were empty there was even expensive state of the art technology over here. There was a big commotion as a man was rushed in and all the other doctors seemed scared to treat him so I went forward and tended to the man's wounds they weren't very bad I don't know why the other doctors didn't treat him when I looked up at his face he was looking at me as though he was lovestruck. You're so gentle he said smirking I was confused by this and I left to treat another patient. Quite a few days had passed and I went out to eat with hendery. Then I noticed near the tent an enemy soldier was wounded very badly I couldn't just leave him there so I changed his uniform and treated his wounds since he was unconscious I let him rest and went to eat and when I came back he was gone.