VII

*I'm so sorry about the late update, but I personally love this chapter, it's one of my favorites, so enjoy*

-Y/N-

I guided the horse through the forest. It wasn't long before I heard horses' hooves behind us.

The Telmarine soldiers had already followed in pursuit.

"They've seen us!" Lucy looked back. My heart thudded as I increased in speed. I spared a glance behind to see many more following. I immediately stopped the horse and climbed off. At this rate, they'd attack us before we reach Aslan, I'd have to stop them.

"What are you doing?" Lucy looked at me as I stood on the ground.

"I'm sorry, Lu. It looks like you'll be going alone after all." I guided the horse away and watched as Lucy rode off. She took once last glance back at me, then disappeared among the trees. I turned back towards the soldiers, drawing my sword.

As they approached horseback, I made sure to slice only them, not their horses. But the numbers only increased, and my arm grew weak. I had killed off maybe five or six...? But more kept coming. One came in from behind and I quickly sidestepped. But the horse reared, and I fell back.

The soldier raised his spear at me as dread filled my bones. I scrambled back, but another was behind me. Was this the end? No... it couldn't be...

I still had one more trick up my sleeve.

I raised my hands, calling upon the power in my bones. But before it rushed towards me and I could use it, the soldier in front of me froze. A tip of a sword protruded from his chest as blood blossomed out of his wound.

He fell back and I noticed Edmund sitting on a horse behind him. He took down the rest of the soldiers before he came to me. He jumped off his horse and stood above me. His face softened as he extended his hand.

I took it, using his support to stand up. "Thanks, Ed." I said gratefully. He nodded and brought the horse nearby. He hopped on, then extended a hand towards me. I gladly took it and sat behind him. We rode off, out of the forest.

It wasn't long before we came to the fight. When we arrived, I noticed how it was going. Peter's helmet was gone, whether he took it off on purpose, or he lost it in the fight, it left him unprotected. He noticed us ride in from over Miraz's shoulder.

"Does his highness need a respite? "I heard Miraz say to Peter once we neared.

"Five minutes?" Peter asked.

"Three." Miraz stated. I hopped down from the horse as Peter and Miraz limped back to their respective sides.

"Lucy...?" Peter asked, looking between me and Edmund. His gaze was razor sharp; his features set in a hard line.

"She got through..." I assured him. "With a little help." I tilted my head towards Edmund.

"Thanks, Ed." Peter nodded towards Edmund.

"Well, you were busy." Edmund glanced at Miraz who had just thrown his helmet on the ground, muttering something to Sopespian. Peter looked towards me, a certain mischief glinting in his eyes.

"I think I'll be needing that good luck kiss right about now." He joked. I didn't have time to react as he pulled me closer, bringing his lips to mine.

One of his hands were on my back while the other on my chin, tilting my face up. I leaned into the kiss, savoring it. Electricity trickled beneath my skin, illuminating every little touch, and igniting it. We pulled apart after what seemed like minutes, when only was a few seconds.