XV

*My stories always need to have some interesting crossover...*

-Y/N-

"He must have been tempted by the treasure." Caspian stated. Eustace the dragon stood with us on the beach. Now that we knew it was him, I could see the slight resemblance of the dragon's features and Eustace. The same look in his eye. The same flared nostrils. The same frown.

And to be honest, I was glad he couldn't talk. The last thing I wanted was to hear his shrill voice complaining.

"Anyone knows a dragon's treasure is enchanted." Reepicheep shrugged. To that, Eustace grunted. "Well, anyone from here." Reepicheep corrected.

"Is there any way to change him back?" I asked.

Silence.

"Not that I know of." Edmund shook his head.

"Aunt Alberta will not be pleased." Peter muttered. To that, Eustace just gave him a look.

"The boats are ready, Sire." Drinian bowed, pointing to the way back to the ship.

"We can't leave him alone." I spoke up. No matter what, he was still family. Distant family... very distant... but family.

"We can't bring him on board, Your Majesty." Drinian replied respectfully.

Peter looked between us. "Drinian, you and the others take one boat back. The rest of us will stay here till morning... and work out what to do." Peter suggested. I mouthed a thank you to him.

"But you've no provisions, and no means... of staying warm, Your Majesty." Drinian countered.

It was true. Narnian nights could get as cold as Narnian winters. We didn't have the resources to start a fire here-

In a flash, Eustace blew into a pile of wood, igniting it in flames.

"You were saying?" Lucy smirked, perking up an eyebrow towards Drinian.

"I stand corrected, I'll do as you say." Drinian bowed and left.

We all took our supplies out of the boats and made a makeshift camp around the fire. As usual, I put my bed next to Peter's. He put an arm under my head, so I rested on his chest.

As the sky turned black, the voices dimmed to murmurs. I could hear all the conversations happening around me.

"I've never seen these constellations before." I noticed, looking up at the stars.

"Me neither." Peter said. "We're a long way from home."

"When I was a boy, I used to imagine sailing to the end of the world... finding my father there." Caspian spoke up in the distance.

"Maybe you will." Edmund assured him.

"What if we can't fight the mist?" I whispered to Peter. "What if this is one fight that we can't win."

"We will." Peter was quick to reply.

"How do you know?" I countered.

"You just have to have faith about these things. Miracles do happen." He looked down at me, smiling.

I pecked his lips before nestling into the blankets. I closed my eyes, waiting for sleep to come. As I did, I could hear Reepicheep's conversation with Eustace.

"Trouble sleeping?" Reepicheep asked. I heard a snort. "Now, now. All is not as lost as it seems. I'll stay up with you if you wish... keep you company." I heard a scuffle and I peered through my eyes to see Reepicheep sitting right by Eustace.