eighty-nine

Charles stood waiting for his girlfriend behind the stage. He could still hear her voice, sweet as ever, and thanking the crowd. Even now, nerves flooded his body when seeing her lovely face appear within his field of vision. Sofie's smile grew when their eyes met. It was only a matter of seconds until she had her arms around the driver, until Charles was kissing her back with everything he had. 'I'm so proud that I wanna cry.' He confessed, the words sounding slightly muffled in the crook of her neck. 'I won't, though. Don't worry.' They both grinned, sharing another passionate kiss.

Sofie returned the microphone and slipped the ear-pieces into her little bag, which she then hung over her shoulder. After she changed into her party clothes, slipping on her dress, the couple walked back into the crowd, holding hands.

They reunited with their friends. There was plenty congratulations towards Sofie, countless hugs and proud smiles. After hugging Lando and Fiona, the brunette looked into the horrid eyes of her best friend, Anna. 'Uhh, where have those hands been?' She asked, partly serious, yet a smirk played on her red lips.

Anna's eyes darted between the two lovers. Charles wiggled his eyebrows, an attractive laugh leaving his mouth.

'Maybe you'll never find out.' He smiled, then pulled Anna in for a tight hug. Sofie burst out laughing when her friend squeaked, then hugged her just the way Charles had done.

Soon enough, when a band started playing, Charles's hands slipped around Sofie's waist, pressing his chest against her back. His hot breath fell over her shoulder. 'Let's get something to drink, yes?' He kissed her cheek, her lips forming into a satisfied smile.

'Usually I'm the one planning to get wasted.' She said with surprise, placing her hands over his and leaning back into him.

A chuckle escaped Charles's lips. 'Well, the difference between you and I is that you're a lightweight and I'm not.' He said, teasing her and speaking the truth nonetheless.

Sofie turned around in his arms, loosely wrapping her arms around his neck. She looked up at her boyfriend quite seductively. 'Another difference between you and I is that alcohol influences you badly. At least I'm a funny drunk.'

'Influences me how, mon amour?' Charles asked her with a smirk.

Sofie placed a hand on his cheek, leaning in close enough to let her breath fall over his lips. 'You know how.'

Charles leaned down to her ear. 'Maybe you should show me.' He said, voice perfectly clear over the loud music. Sofie knew exactly what he'd said, and flushed bright red, briefly looking around her before leaning into him again. There was an indecent spark in his eyes. 'Not shy now, are you?' He smirked down at her proudly.

Sofie shook her head, biting her lip. 'Let's just say that I'd rather be a clumsy drunk than one that gets sexually frustrated over everything.'

'Is that why you wore this dress?' Charles spoke into her ear. The look in his eyes had slightly darkened, his voice no longer sounded playful. He appeared rather hungry now, admiring the girl's beauty and barely blinking.

Then, someone tore the two apart. It was Fiona who now stood between them. 'Ew — guys. Not now. Later.'

Lando slapped a hand on Charles's shoulder, pulling him along with the boys. Sofie received a wink from Charles before she, too, was taken away from him by her best friends. From then on, she let her drinks do its stuff.

It was midnight when Charles and Sofie met again. It was past two in the morning when they returned to the car, leaving their friends behind in the club without a care in the world. While holding hands, and both mildly drunk, they took their places in the jet black Ferrari. Charles started up the car, but his girlfriend had other plans.

After having teased one another through the entire night, this had been bound to happen.

Sofie climbed into his lap without a warning, pressing her mouth onto Charles's deeply. He quickly adjusted to her sudden idea, returning the kiss sloppily and placing his hands on her hips.

They left each other breathless rather quickly, hands restless, craving attention. 'Let me put the headlights out.' Charles then mumbled into her mouth, slightly leaning forward and reaching behind the brunette to flip the switch. His hands quickly returned to her curves, deepening the kiss heavily by slipping his tongue into her mouth.

'You're sure nobody can see us?' Sofie breathed out the words against his lips. He was already playing with the zipper of her dress.

He grunted. 'Pretty sure.'

Sofie had difficulty keeping up with his lips. His slender fingers brushed her messy and dark hair to one side, then trailed wet kisses down her neck and shoulder. Meanwhile, his hands slid up and down her bare back. Sofie enjoyed nothing more than to feel the palms of his hands on her skin, tugging and toying with her clothing. She sharply inhaled his smell, which was a mix of aftershave, sweat and alcohol, to remind herself that this was real. She wanted skin on skin.

Their lips met again. The straps of Sofie's dress hung loosely over her shoulders. Charles's breathing grew inconsistent when he realised how hard he'd gotten inside his trousers.

Sofie dragged her mouth over his stubbly jaw, softly moaning when rough hands squeezed her hips. And that's exactly when a car honked loudly and rather dramatically, bright headlights blinding them.

'Fuck.' Charles cursed, squinting because of the intense light.

Sofie hastily pulled the straps of her dress back up to her shoulders, then slipped back onto the passenger's seat so that Charles could get the car started. Her heart skipped at the thought of having been seen by paparazzi, but the darkness around them easer her mind. If pictures had been taken, they would barely be of any use.

Charles soon drove onto the main road. 'What the fuck was that?' Sofie couldn't help but complain about the dramatic honking.

'Probably something about keeping up space.' Charles said casually, placing his hand on her thigh and brushing his fingers over her skin. Then, he brought her hand up to his mouth, tangling their fingers and pressing a sweet kiss onto her knuckles. 'Let's get home, shall we?'