chapter 3

Hard working

Julieta was taking  a break from cooking while I made her tea. "Y'know y/n, how do you do it?" She asked. "Do what?" I responded. "Take the care of kids while simultaneously keeping then out of troubled," she said making me freeze. I could feel her eyes on me with a questioning look in them.

"I'm just trying give them a good life with a childhood." I said remembering my family before I ran away. At my words Pepa walked in with a cloud. "What wrong Pepa?" I asked averting the topic off of me. I'm just remembering someone.." she answered .

Me Pepa and Julieta sat there and talked about how we missed him. While they did I just stared out the window. When cracks started forming all around us. I stood up and ran to get the kids out of their rooms "Abuela! The magics gonna be ok, Isabelle wasn't happy then we hugged and the candle grew brighter and the cracks when away!" Mirabell said "Of course she wasn't happy you ruined her proposal! I don't know why you were given a gift but it is no a reason to upstage your family!" At that moment I stepped in.

"Abuela! Isa wasn't happy because you are pushing the life you've wanted on her for the longest time!" I started and spoke again before she could answer "And don't even bring Bruno into this he left to protect this family! To protect you from heartbreak to protect Mirabel from being outlasted just like you did to him!" If anyone here needs a lesson it is you!" I said out of breath. The family looking at me them shock then I crack grew between me and Alma. Isa, Camilo and mirabel ran to try and save the candle.

I watched as Isa's vine faded away and Camilo turned from Jose back to himself, Casita saving them both from a drop. I rushed them out but stayed behind for Mirabel "y/n" they called but I didn't listen. As Mirabel  got the candle I caught her as cupboards and tables moved to protect us from the falling tower.