Swing Lynn

this is like a half-vent by the way, kinda wrote for comfort too. Harmless has good music btw //

It was 4:30 am, the train blared loudly, the stars still shown in the night sky. Wizard lay awake. His mind was so full and he's cried so much that he couldn't bring himself to anymore.What was he thinking? Trying out a spell he didn't even know. All to impress some cookie he was so sure he didn't even have a chance with. Now that cookie is laying in a bed, nearly his whole body in bandages. He even needed an eyepatch.

Gingerbrave was definitely going to live, thank the stars, but it horrified the poor wizard.
'I hurt him,' the thought played over and over. The very memory played over and over like a tape. He didn't want to see it anymore. He didn't want to think about it anymore.
But curse the stupid mind. Wizard lay trembling while staring into the ceiling as he heard the train's loud whistle that could've made his very ears bleed. He'd deserve it, though, wouldn't he? The thought of Gingerbrave going "Woah!" or even complimenting him took control over his morals and reasoning.

He listened until he couldn't take it anymore.

-+-

The door creaked open to Gingerbrave's room, Wizard peaking in and looking at the resting cookie. He went up to them.
"I'm so sorry..," he whispered as he looked down at Brave's resting face. The guilt was drowning him so much that he couldn't even stare any longer. Then he heard shuffling from the cookie.
'Oh shoot, please don't wake up,' he cursed and darted out the room as quietly as possible. Wizard then made his way towards the fields by the train. The tracks drifting into the sky just above the waters that were glistening lightly by the moon. It reminded him of Sea Fairy and her lover. He's always adored the relationship the two cookies had, but the thought that they could be separated just by the laws of nature scared him. The thought that the two could love each other so much yet couldn't be so close scared him.

The thought that he was being constantly pulled away from Gingerbrave despite loving him so much.That scared him. Wizard continuously watch the train go on the tracks. It whistled every once in a while, like it was calling someone else's name.
"I wonder what you think of me now, Gingerbrave," Wizard spoke aloud to himself once he got positively comfortable and sure he was alone.
"I wonder if you hate me right now. If that you'll be scared of me once you get out of that bed... The truth is.. I just wanted to impress you. I wanted you to tell me I'm talented and amazing.. It's never the same from anyone else but you. You give me the emotions that no one else can.." he confessed. Then Wizard tried to imagine Gingerbrave being mad at him.

'You said you could do magic, not harm! I'm banning you from this Kingdom forever!' he imagined Gingerbrave saying. Then he imagined himself being escorted out the kingdom to shrivel and die.
Maybe the last part was too dramatic, even the thought of Gingerbrave escorting anyone seemed unreal. Not to brag, but Wizard felt he and Brave grew up with a special friendship. He just hoped that was enough for him to be forgiven.

"What are you doing out here...? It's cold.."
Wizard whipped around and saw a trembling cookie looking down at him. A cookie in bandages and a single thin blanket. "Gingerbrave you idiot!" he snapped and ran up to the injured one.

"Why are you out of your bed?! You haven't healed fully yet!" Wizard held Gingerbrave close for support. "And no sh-.. no kidding, sherlock! Of course it's cold, another reason why you shouldn't be out!"

"But I was.. worried.."
Worried? Gingerbrave was worried? After Wizard just could've killed him. And he still cares?!
"You're.. worried, huh? Why?" he asked slightly coldly. "Because.. I don't want to lose you.." was all the trembling cookie could say. Wizard's worry only grew more as Gingerbrave seemed to lose his balance more and more as he tried to move. The cookie sighed, "Let's get you back in your bed.."

-+-
7:45 am

"Can you.. stay with me..," Gingerbrave got ahold of Wizard's robe as the cookie was just about to leave once he set the injured one back into the bed. Brave noticed the hesitance.
"Please..?" he tried again and got a nod in response. Wizard was met with Brave weakly smiling as he leaned in and sat close to Brave's side.

"I'm so sorry for.. everything. I just wanted to make you proud of me..," Wizard confessed, looking away slightly.  "You already amaze me.. Wizard.. you're so fascinating..," Brave moved his hand up to gently stroke the other cookie's hair. Wizard felt his face getting hot as this happened.

"One day,"—Brave started again—"You and I are going to board that train, and go to some far away place.. just us.. together..! With you, I'm sure. And I know..I'm sure.."
He pulled Wizard in with whatever strength he had and hugged the cookie.

Wizard heard the train whistle and it somehow sounded so much more... calm. Everything seemed calmer, like his guilt was thrown away in an instant. The sunrise shown through the window as the early cookies like Herb or Espresso got out their houses to go to do their thing.

Suddenly as they lay together, they heard the doorknob open. Wizard couldn't move away fast enough when Pure Vanilla stepped through the door, the eye on the flower widened and Vanilla spoke in his normally calming voice.
"Oh, Wizard! I'm really glad you're here.. I can sense a huge relief in you," he smiled. "I was just going to treat Gingerbrave's wounds again, it's nothing severe too. No cracks, just burns and scratches and such. You cast a very powerful spell that should've killed him, I'm very impressed with how you controlled it," Vanilla explained as he started getting the healing magic ready.
"I do advise you be more careful on what you study and practice.. You're a wise young cookie, Wizard" he finished off as he treated the wounds again.

Wizard nodded and bowed down before leaving.
"Thank you, Pure Vanilla"

As the cookie walked home, his feelings were a jumble. First, Gingerbrave basically promised to 'run away' with him, they even laid together, and Pure Vanilla knew about the magic he had used? He wanted to know more but he knew his place, so he would pick another time.

Last night played in his head over and over, he suddenly started squealing with happiness and excitment once he got in his room. Maybe his little crush would become something more?