Between Us

Before anyone comes for me, let me explain: This is not technically Jaya (depends on how you see it), but I've watched the new core short 'Balance' and in that one scene in which Cole has his flashback of his parents dancing, we can see that Lilly is wearing the same kimono that Nya is in the short 'Let's Dance'. Then I came to wonder why they are wearing/owning the same kimono. After that, my friend @/multifan.station on Instagram gave me this initial idea you are going to read. Lil spoiler for this oneshot; it's about Cole and Nya talking and stuff. IT'S PLATONIC COLE AND NYA, I HAVE NOT LOST MY MIND! Ugh, just read to find out what I mean.

Set in the short 'Let's Dance' right after Nya manages to convince Jay on going dancing with her.

Nya walked back inside the monastery, feeling happier than ever.

Dancing was probably the most random thing she could think of to do in her free time, but she had always dreamed of staying in the spotlight for something else she was good at, and not just for being the Girl Ninja.

However, she had told herself that she would have to put her own desire aside for an undefined time, because who knew when she would have the chance to get a day off from work? She had been thinking about going on her own, but that would've felt too sad.

And she had given up on wanting to dance that day, thinking everyone else was off doing whatever the heck they were doing. But once she came across Jay, she immediately knew what to do.

He was her boyfriend, she was positive he wouldn't be able to say 'no'.

Convincing him was easier than she would've thought, but it's Jay we're talking about, so it was also expected that he'd cave in quickly.

As she was walking down the hallway, all she could hear was her own footsteps. It was an odd feeling for it to be that quiet inside the monastery, given that it was always crowded.

Anyways, once she reached her room, she immediately grabbed her hair brush and bathrobe and then went over to the bathroom to take a nice, long, and harshly cold shower, knowing no one would force her out of the bathroom for a longer time that day. And she was also sure that Jay would take at least a few hours before giving up on the arcade and meeting up with her.

When she was done, she blow dried her coal black hair and took as much as she wanted, feeling free for once.

After her hair was dried off, she grabbed all of her stuff and headed back over to her bedroom.

Then she chose to wear one of Jay's hoodies and some shorts she found for the time she would be choosing her dancing outfit.

She was going to have a dancing outfit, of course. Besides, it had been a while since she had made the effort to look better for him.

Nya looked inside her closet to find a lot of gi's, some hoodies, her blue kimono (which she could definitely not wear for a second time), a few jeans, and some t-shirts.

She blinked. Yeah, she would have to go to the mall to buy new clothes, for sure. Then she frowned, looking at the alarm clock on her nightstand. Did she have enough time?

The Master of Water groaned loudly, deciding she probably couldn't make it in time. She shouldn't have taken so long in the shower. Nya reached into her closet and grabbed the first thing her hand touched, which was a very old gi, and threw it onto her bed.

She repeated the same process with many other clothing items, hoping for something wearable in the back that she overlooked in the beginning.

"Whatcha doin', Waterlily?"