An Unexpected Call (Part 3)

Okay so, uhhhh...
This was requested by two people now which actually caught me off guard because a part three was totally not planned. But here I am. Guess I'll put in some fluffy Jaya and the others' reactions to finding her.

This story contains some swearing.

"A year?!" Nya looked at her boyfriend as if she'd seen a ghost.

Which probably wouldn't have been her real reaction to seeing a ghost, considering she had fought many in the past.

"Uh huh," Jay nodded. "you've been gone for about a year."

Nya's mouth hung open, her mind not wanting to believe it. "But to me it was like three months maximum!" She exclaimed.

Her Yin sighed. "Then the time in the water must've been different."

Her lip quivered as she imagined her entire family grieving over her for a year, and her heart started to ache because of the fact that that actually happened in real life.

Nya looked up at her boyfriend as she was tightly in his embrace on her bed. They had decided to wait for the other Ninja to return from wherever the heck they had gone to and wanted to spend the small amount of time they had to themselves with each other.

Jay looked down to the girl he was holding and pulled her frame even closer to his, dipping his face into her hair and taking a giant sniff. Although it was obvious that she needed a shower after being flushed out of the salty sea, she still had her own scent she used to always have whenever Jay only concentrated on her smell. It was like strawberries and vanilla, sometimes even with blueberries.

However, only one person in the monastery owned a blueberry scented shampoo, so he knew exactly whenever she used his shampoo.

And it drove him crazy whenever she used his things. The good crazy, of course.

It meant for him that she felt comfortable with using her boyfriend's stuff, and he liked that a lot. It made him feel useful.

"How did you hold up while I was gone?"

Nya immediately mentally facepalmed after realizing what had just come out of her mouth. She asked him that because she herself wouldn't have been able to normally function without being with her boyfriend for more than a day.

But now it just sounded like an insult. An arrogant insult.

Jay sighed, stroking her hair. "Not well."

Nya looked back up at him, worry and regret clearly visible on her face.

He looked her in the eyes as he could swear they were watering. "But I got you back, that's all that matters." He added.

She nuzzled her face into his neck and enjoyed the way he was rubbing up and down her back. "I'm so sorry, Jay."

"Don't be. It was not under your control, don't blame yourself." He whispered soothingly.

She drew her face back to look at him. "But a whole year, Jay! That's a freaking lot." She looked down.

Jay smiled sadly. "I know, but that doesn't matter anymore."

"How's my brother? And the others?" She asked, realizing they weren't back home yet.

Jay had called a group meeting around twenty minutes ago, saying that he had important news. He wasn't sure if they would respond, though. It was the first time he had contacted them on his own.

"I..." Jay looked down. "I don't know, actually. I barely left my room." He laughed sadly, looking anywhere but at her.

This tightened the Water Ninja's throat. She might've had saved Ninjago practically all by herself, however the damage she had caused her own family was nearly unrepairable.