Flawless

TW: Someone gets shot in the head (not the ninja!)

CW: usage of the f-word

After any day of hard work, Nya would usually take a calming bath and relax her exhausted body marinating in some steaming hot water, even sometimes with cucumbers on her eyes, to ensure extra relaxation.

But this day was just...different.

She couldn't really put a finger on why it was different. She had gone out on a mission with the entire team, Samurai X included, and fought a cruel gang of about ten men and their people who had been involved in criminal, illegal, and dangerous activities.

Those people owned multiple warehouses so the ninja had been lucky when they'd raided the first warehouse and struck gold. Each and every single member of the gang had been there, together with their henchmen and personal staff.

With a sigh, Nya stepped underneath the shower head instead of lying down in the bathtub. She could not relax, no matter how hard she tried, so she wanted to spend as little time in the shower as possible.

The water drizzled down her skin and trailed down her body, eliciting low hums from the current streaming through her veins.

Even being connected with her element did not help. Before she knew it, Nya was standing there, underneath the water, staring at a wall, her shampoo, conditioner, loofah, everything forgotten. She spaced out, but even then she couldn't think. Why was she spaced out? And what even was she thinking about?

The bathroom door opened, and Nya registered it, but she didn't care. There was only one person, other than she herself, who used that bathroom, since it was attached to her and Jay's shared bedroom.

And said man stepped into the shower a moment later. She did not turn around to look at him, too far gone in her mind.

A shampoo bottle cap was opened before Jay's hands nestled on Nya's scalp, his fingers pushing past her wet hair to rub in the shampoo, slowly and quietly. He was so concentrated on the task he set himself that he did not notice Nya turning around in his hold until she glanced up at him.

He stopped his movements and stared back at her. Giving her a smile, he wordlessly continued, making sure not a single spot was untouched.

Nya's eyes never left his, however.

Granted, they had showered together a lot of times in the past. So much, in fact, that it had become a normal occurrence rather than just an intimate experience.

But this time, the air shifted around them. Nya was lost in her thoughts, but Jay was now lost in his own as well. Usually, they would have asked each other if they were okay and what they were thinking about, but today was, again, different.

A small smile appeared on her lips when she saw the tip of Jay's tongue pressed between his teeth, a sign of him being extra concentrated on the task at hand. He was very precise with most of the things he did.

So she closed her eyes and swayed with the motions of his, from side to side, back and forth. She tried to get rid of the images of what had happened on the mission, but that was close to impossible when the horrible imagery quickly played in front of her face like a broken record.

The raid was a short and quick one. The ninja had found the location of the warehouse quickly, courtesy of Pixal, and made the decision that attacking was a better way to conquer the enemy rather than stealthily waiting and observing.

The heads of the criminal gang were all in a conference room in one of the upper levels, so the ninja quickly took out the henchmen on the lower level before moving upwards.