05

-Artemis's outfit-

After a restless night, I'm up and changed into an outfit, sitting in the Salvatore's kitchen. I empty a blood bag into a mug and skip up the stairs to Damon's room. I fling the door open and find him sleeping. Smiling, I think, time to ruin his morning. I set the mug on the dresser and walk over to the bed, grabbing a pencil off the nightstand I stab it into his nipple. 

"Ah!" he shouts. I snicker. Walking back to the dresser, I grab the blood mug. He yanks it out and glares at me. "Was that really necessary Temi?"  I smile brightly. "Please don't call me that, Day. And yes, it was. Here," I hand him the mug. "Is your breakfast, that's a liter of soccer mom for you. And get up! We have a Klaus to kill for god's sake." 

...

As the scooby gang was out galivanting through town, I made brownies in the Salvatore's oven. It was almost nightfall, and I was on my way to Alaric's apartment. I had gotten the location from Damon, and when he asked why I wanted it, I told him I was just going to thank him one more time for watching over Jenna and Jeremy; and to give him my much-needed advice on what to wear for tonight's dance. 

After agreeing with me, he seemed to accept my answer and sent me on my merry way. I bang the door open, and honestly, without any supernatural strength, I'm not sure how I've done it so many times. But it's become addicting, my dramatic entrances. I walk into the apartment and set the brownies on a side table. 

Nik comes out of nowhere, slamming my body against the door by the neck. While he is in Alaric's body, and it's less of a turn on, it's still him. And every single part of me knows it. 

"Elena, love. You're the last person I expected here."  I smile. "Oh, come on, Nik. If I was Elena, you wouldn't be flaunting your choking kink." 

He squeezes my neck once before letting me go. I take a deep breath of air and rub my neck. The I take off my shoe and smack him with it. "You bastard!" "Ouch!" he yelps. I huff and put it back on. 

"I can't believe you! God. You know, you really hurt me, Nik. You probably only saved me that night because I looked exactly like your precious doppelgänger. In fact, you were probably watching me before hand, to even know I was going to be there!" I yell at him. He frowns at me. "Artemis," he says, coming forward to pull me into a hug. I move away from him. "No." I tell him. 

"No?" he asks, his voice cracking. It's not even his voice, and I still get a flash of painful DeJa'Vu.

"No." I repeat.

The sound of clapping sounds through the room, and we turn to see Elena, or at least, at first glance, Elena. With closer inspection, I realize who it is, and my eyes widen. "Oh my god! Oh my god!" I shout. Nik looks at me, alarmed. "What's wrong?" he asks. I squeal, before running over to her and pulling her into a hug. I squeeze her before pulling back with my hands on her shoulders. "Your Katherine!" she raises a perfectly waxed brow. "That's me." I smile brightly. "I swear to god, I am literally your biggest fan. Nik told me about your betrayal back in the day, and Wow! Thank you, sincerely, for giving him a run for his money. And now that I've met you in person, I love your fashion sense! Definitely much better that Elena's. And I loove your hair!" 

She smirks. "I like you." she says, and I laugh. I turn to Nik, who's standing shocked as Katherine and I fangirl over each other. "You've been nice to her, right?"  Katherine snorts, and pulls back from my grasp, moving to plop onto the couch. "Yeah. If you can call compelling me to stab myself repeatedly and burn in the sun for a solid 30 seconds, then sure. He's been peachy." I glare at him. "Are you kidding me? You knew how much I liked her just by your elusive fairytales." he rubs his neck, walking over to the closet. "Sorry, Love. I'll take it easy from now on." I tilt my head. "Or just stop all together," I suggest, and he gives a half assed nod.  I clear my throat. He turns to me. "I promise." I smile.