Chapter Ten

MIGHT I JUST SAY I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS BOOK IS GOING BUT HERE YALL GO BC I AINT DOING BIOLOGY RN SMH BUT HEY YALL IM BACK MY TWO YEAR BURNOUT IS STILL GOING BUT I GOTCHU ik i said but imma say it again yall this does not follow the original storyline there is nothing canon in this book it's completely different 

gimme song recs for this chapter i aint got none also thanks for waiting for like a whole ass year but hey im alive :)))

"Where are we?" 

Green shimmered around Morro's body. "Get lost, Y/n." 

"Can you answer my question?" 

Morro stayed silent. I wondered if he was pissed I had been so snappy at him earlier. Perhaps. But it wasn't like I felt bad. I wanted him to be angry. I wanted him to abandon me in this strange place with shiny, crystal walls and a glittering floor of ice. I wanted him to leave me here so I could worry about my own fate. 

And still, as much as I wanted to provoke him, I was robbed of any witty comebacks, left aghast in the wake of this strangely beautiful structure of ice. 

"Where are we?" I dared to mutter, rubbing my shoulders as my breath curled in a cloud before me. 

"We're on our way to the tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master." 

"What are you...looking for there?" 

"A pile of bones, Y/n." 

My name on his lips sounded like a curse, and yet it felt nice to be addressed. 

I sighed, eyebrows scrunching. "Right, of course." 

The awkward silence between us resumed after a beat. 

We continued walking, my steps close behind Morro's until he came to a stop before a wall of ice. He held out a hand to half my steps. I shuddered as his hands grazed my stomach before pulling away. 

"Stay here." 

"Wh-" 

"Don't move from this spot, understand?" Morro turned and his gaze crashed into mine. "I'll be right back."  His steps receding was the only sound. I was left, shivering and alone encased in a cave of ice. The walls were translucent, clear up until a certain point, when all the frozen water began to blend together and look more solid than it actually seemed. 

A moment later, steps returned and Morro's reflection came into view. 

"This way," he muttered. But before I could turn away, he paused and took in the section of the wall I had been looking at so intently. 

"Did you see anything?" 

"See what?" I asked. 

"An older version of yourself. A future you." 

"In the...In the ice?" I chuckled. "What fairytales are you conjuring?| 

"So you didn't see anything?" 

I shook my head, holding back a giggle at his childish antics. "Don't try and make a fool of me, Morro." 

"Huh, strange." 

"What is?" 

"I know why I wouldn't see anything. But it doesn't make any sense why you wouldn't be able to see another version of you." 

"Maybe because I'm the only version of me, idiot." 

Morro only scoffed and beckoned me over. He motioned to a crack in the ground. "You think this does anything?" 

"What?" I shrugged. "A crack in the floor? Yeah, that does a lot. I hope you fall through―" 

The ground cracked, and after a moment, shattered beneath the weight of both of us. I screamed, my vocal chords rattling with the sound as we slid down a terrifying column of ice, dipping down the steep edge of it and down onto the ground. 

We grunted in unison, the earth beneath us unforgiving to my soft and underworked muscles. I panted out my terror before the feeling was reborn inside me again. Before me, indeed, was the pile of bones Morro had previously mentioned. However it was holding something. 

Between thin and frail fingers, cracking with age, I peeled back the hand of the First Spinjitzu Master. I felt his dead eyes staring at me, cursing me for breaking whatever promise he had made this land so many years ago. 

I felt possessed; entranced by this glowing gem worth a thousand diamonds. It was glittering with rage when I picked it up, a fury and a power unmatched within it. 

It sent a shiver through my body once I had it in my hand. The cool gemstone made me feel powerful. 

I looked at Morro. "What is this?" 

He dusted himself off, wandering to me and snatching the gem from my hands. "For someone coming from such an all-knowing place, you've been kept in the dark for a lot of things, haven't you princess?" 

I scoffed. "No, I haven't." 

"Then I'm shocked you don't know what this is." 

"Enlighten me, then." 

Morro shined the edge of the crystal. "The Realm Crystal. Capable of opening gateways to the sixteen realms." 

I paused, standing. "Why would you need access to them?" 

He tilted his gaze to me, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. 

"Why did you need me...to get that?" 

He tipped my chin upwards. "You'll see. You'll see quite soon." 

My gaze narrowed. "I will, won't I?" 

"Let's stop playing with riddles, beautiful." 

"Stop telling me about them." 

He pulled back. "I like you a lot, princess. You're the first entertainment I've had in a long, long time." 

"How long, exactly?" 

He tilted the crystal, examining his reflection in the blue, shimmering gem. "How old is Master Wu? You should know. Haven't you worked with people writing his story?" 

I shrugged. "Centuries old. He admitted it to the Ninja recently." 

Morro gave me a knowing smile. "Then how long do you suppose his first pupil has been waiting for something interesting to happen?" 

I was taken aback by the sudden arrogance lacing his voice. Perhaps it was arrogance earned, though. "And...I'm the first thing to ever happen to you? That might be remotely interesting? As a ghost, I'm guessing there are many rumros to pass around about interesting things. Are you not entertained well enough by the hilarious deaths of Ninjago's villains?" 

"I'm not," he deadpanned. "And yes, you are the first thing, Y/n. The first thing I'm curious about. The first thing I want to know of." 

"Well, you know me. Let me go." 

He shook his head. There, again, was that knowing smile. "Not enough yet." 

UNEDITED.