Chapter Four

P!ATD - Emperor's New Clothes 

HI EVERYONE THERE'S A NOTE AT THE END AND PLS REMEMBER THAT THIS STORY LINE IS NOT CANON! 

!!!IT IS A PLOT I MADE IN MY HEAD!!!

"We're here." 

The gentle voice pulled me out of a deep sleep. The sun burned my eyes, so I lifted a hand to provide shade for myself. 

"What?" I managed to utter.

"We're here." Morro repeated.

I breathed in the salty air and looked around for a moment, my eyes running over the wooden buildings and many docks. "Are we in Stiix?"

Morro smiled, offering his hand. "Mhm."

"But aren't ghosts, like, allergic to water or something? Why would you want to be in a place like this?"

Morro laughed, tipping his head back like I had just told him something hilarious. "Because it's the perfect place to hide."

Because they would never search here...dumbass.

I groaned at my stupidity. I stood up and followed  Morro to a secluded alleyway. He swung open a creaky wooden door, heading inside.

I looked from side to side and sighed, scared. Now or never. Before any of the ghosts had a chance to shove me into the door, I rushed to the side, darting away from everyone.

It took me a moment to realize I still had his cloak wrapped around me. My cheeks tinted red as I slipped it off and handed it back to him. 

"You keep it. I have others." 

I shook my head. "I don't want anything that has ever belonged to you." 

He sighed. "It's going to be cold." 

"The Cloud Kingdom is cold." 

"You're right next to the sun." 

I huffed, turning my head. 

"Whatever." He ushered me to my feet. "Get up. Don't be late." 

I felt gross in my clothing. I rubbed my eyes, yawning and shivering the sleep out of my body as subtly as I possibly could. Morro was right. It was freezing, but despite my chattering teeth and shaking legs, I was still grateful I had given away his cloak. 

Morro's green eyes clashed with mine, boring into my soul. I swallowed, not a word slipping from my mouth and he snatched my hand, slapping cuffs on my wrists. He pulled his gaze away from me for a moment to nod at the other green-ish figures hovering over the deck of the boat as if to say: Don't let her escape. 

A grunt from one of the figures in acknowledgement, and suddenly I was being pushed forward. I stumbled, tripping over my own tired feet. "What are we doing here?" I demanded. 

I didn't hear a single breath escape from the mouths of anyone near me as we made our way past the dock. 

"Why are we here?" I said, trying to keep my voice from quivering. 

Morro twirled on his heel, squinting his cool, feline-like eyes. I instantly fell silent. "Are you going to keep blabbering like that all day? Or will I just have to shut you up myself?" 

"Excuse me?" 

A roll of his eyes. 

"You aren't going to shut me up, and you're going to release me, this instant." I made a point by stomping my foot on the ground. 

His mouth quirked up. "Princess." He cocked his head to the side. "Don't even bother trying. It's useless." 

I snarled as I was shoved forwards once again, following Morro's path. Weaving our way through the crowd, the smell of fish and wet, fresh seaweed collided with my nose. I cringed, taking shallow breaths to avoid the rancid scents mixing together. We reached a compact shop, no different from the others, but once we stepped inside, I could easily that without the thin, creaking wooden walls, this place would be set apart from the rest of the shops quite noticeably. 

I didn't dare move a muscle as we stood in the center of the shop in fear of the floorboards groaning under my weight. 

"Ronin?" I jumped at the sound of Morro's raspy voice. 

A man with shoulder-length shaggy brown hair pushed himself out from a separate room on a rolling chair, a red straw hat set atop his head. He offered a wink to me, and a brief smile to everyone else. "Soul Archer, my old pal." 

Someone from behind me moved forwards, their voice echoing despite the full walls as they said: "We're only here for the clues." 

My lips parted as I scanned the strange objects across the room, wondering which ones I could use to possibly escape.  Taking in a shuddering breath, I straightened as my eyes landed on a three-pointed blade. 

Their discussion disappeared from my ears as I plotted how I would twist myself out of these cuffs and dash out the door as soon as possible. 

Their blabber faded in and out of my head. Something about a staff....I shook the thought from my head. Focus. Focus. What will I need to do? 

A cold hand grasped my wrist, and I turned to see one of the green figures pushing me towards the man sitting in the rolling chair - Ronin. My attention snapped to him as he scratched the stubble on his chin. 

"What do you want?" I snapped. 

"Feisty, isn't she?"  

"I asked you a question, and I refuse to be ignored."

"Princess, you said she was?" Ronin turned to Morro. 

Morro must have nodded, because when Ronin turned back to me, he smirked. "Princess, she is, and shall continue to be. Twenty million sounds good?" 

My jaw fell slack, opening wide like a gaping fish. "Wha-? Are you selling me?" 

"Trading. Thought it would be a good trade for some answers. You fell on my boat." 

I scoffed, glaring at Morro, then Ronin. How could he just do this like it was some easy task? 

Without another thought, I wrangled my hands free from the green-ish figure's hold and soon enough, was gripping one of the three-bladed weapons in my cuffed hands. I had taken my leap of faith, and I was ready for the repercussions. 

Instead, Morro's hands slowly trailed up, strangely imitating surrender. And I would have believed him, if it wasn't for the wicked smile playing across his lips. 

UNEDITED 

A/n 

I am so so sorry it took me this long to update this! But it's finally happening! And I have really good plans for it!!! I felt like Sarah J. Maas writing this chapter ooh so spiCy. But this isn't gonna be smut, just letting y'all know um. Yeah. ANYWAY THANK Y'ALL FOR STILL READING ILUSM AND BE KIND!!! I AM WORKING ON ANOTHER UNPUBLISHED PROJECT THAT I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL ENJOY!! IT SHOULD BE COMING SOON! SORRY FOR TYPOS YALL THIS WAS A BIT RUSHED