Prologue

I didn't remember much before falling. Falling from the sky into a floating boat, falling in love. Falling away from everything I've ever known and into a completely new life. A new life with people -ghosts, I mean- who didn't even like me one tiny bit.

Before the fall, everything was fine. I was writing the lives of so many, making sure they had enough good and bad in it. I was so sure of everything back then that now I'm not so sure of anything at all. I'm not even sure my name is really my name anymore. The Cloud Kingdom was my home, but I was an angle fallen from a place I once called heaven. I had fallen into the arms of someone who didn't care about me or anyone else.

He was cold and ruthless and careless and I liked it. No matter how much I hated him, the more I hated him the more I wanted him to like me back; the more I liked him the more I wanted him to notice me, to see me and perhaps just crack a tiny smile, even if it was just a twitch of his lips.

I was tired of him paying attention to everything and everyone else but me, and I was tired of loving a villain. He was bad, I was good. We'd never mix because it wasn't supposed to be this way. Whoever was writing my story in the Cloud Kingdom was getting it all wrong.

I'm supposed to be in love with someone else. Not someone that took advantage of me, that hurt me so he could get what he wanted. I wasn't supposed to be liking a villain. Emotions were the worst thing in my life at this point, but I didn't care enough to bother with them anymore.

He had told me his name was Morro, and he was going to take me on a mission with him. A mission that would end all wars and bring a new era and kingdom onto all of Ninjago.

Morro, who was cruel and mean and had the worst intentions in the entire world. 

Morro, who I was beginning to fall in love with.

Morro, who I was hopelessly devoted to.